OCR SNES Tourney Round 2: Super Mario Kart!

Strati

Now taking signups. Specific rules will be posted soon.

1) To join, post in this thread. If you decide to drop out before then, you may, just PM me and I can remove your name from the list.

2) Winner of this tournament will be allowed to choose a game for next month's tournament, as we are hoping this can be a continuous event. More details when it comes to that. As for other prizes, I really have nothing except bragging rights.

The game format will go as such (copied from kamoh's post on page two):

Use 2P Match Race.

Best 3/5 wins.

Agree to a track to start off the series. Loser picks every subsequent track, but do not repeat any tracks.

Do not change racers.

NOTE: 3/5 may change to 5/9.

I'm waiting to talk to kamoh about match setups.

Netplay instructions:

First, you need a netplay-enabled emulator (I suggest the latest version of ZSNES, link provided in Links below) and Hamachi (ditto on the link). ZSNES comes in its own package, so just download and extract from the ZIP. As for Hamachi, you'll need to install it. Once installed and configured, click on the Join Network button and join network "OCR Tournaments" and password "ocremix", both without the quotes. (I would appreciate that you do not join the network unless you are ACTUALLY in the tournament.) Once connected to Hamachi, you will have a special network IP. Open ZSNES, and click on NETPLAY, then on INTERNET. It will ask you to either start a server or connect to server. You can work this out amongst yourselves, because it really doesn't matter who does who, just be sure to give the other person your Hamachi IP. Once connected to each other, you'll have to both load the same ROM file (or compatible, they have to be the same type). One person can send a copy of the file to the other person, if necessary. After this, the game should start, and you can both play!

Links:

ZSNES:

There is apparently a new version of ZSNES out, v1.50. v1.50 has no netplay, so you will need to use v1.42.

1.42 (Windows):

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zsnes/zsnesw142.zip

1.42 (Mac):

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zsnes/zsnes142.zip

Hamachi:

http://hamachi.cc/

As for the ROM, we're not allowed to link to it, so you'll have to obtain it on your own.

Participants so far:

linkspast

kamoh

vega12

Mewtation

Drack

dPaladin

Arek the Absolute

Atmuh

SoloGamer

Antipode

KeeganTheFox

Kholdstare

Sign me in.

Will we still be using hamichi? If we do then should we create a new network?

No, we'll be using the same Hamachi network. Network "OCR Tournaments" and password "ocremix", both without the quotes.

uhm it would be useful if I had some info about how this works.

I'll have rules up later today, hopefully.

He's the current champion :P

You didn't know that?

That he is.

Anyway, the reason that rules haven't been posted yet is because I've yet to work out the kinks in the plan. I'll have general rules up posthaste.

Edit: General rules are up. IM or PM me if you have suggestions for this month's rules. Hemo, I haven't added you to the list yet because you weren't sure.

Drack slams his hands down on the desk and points at you!

Objection!

*Presents evidence*

Now taking signups. Specific rules will be posted soon.

1) To join, post in this thread. You have until midnight EST on Tuesday, January 16th, 2007. If you decide to drop out before then, you may, just PM me and I can remove your name from the list.

If the deadline has past, are you still taking signups or not?!

All people who have indicated a wish to be added have been added to the list. I'm discussing potential plans with kamoh right now, and hopefully a plan should be worked out soon. Also, I kicked the majority of people out of the Hamachi group. I only left those who are on this month's participant list.