OCR SNES Tourney Round 2: Super Mario Kart!

Strati

imageyb8.png

While there's never a "bad" match to play (whether or not you win or lose, just by playing you're screwing everyone else), there are "missed opportunities" that can really drag you down.

I lost Mario Circuit 1 vs. Linkspast - that's a blown chance if there ever was one - and only was able to beat him in 5 races. I was down until the very last race in Bowser Castle 2. Great games, and great usage of tools and advantage.

I may be at the bottom now, but I just got done taking midterms and traveling -- now I'm on SPRING BREAK.

This means I'll be playing plenty of matches. Let the best player win!

WOO DRACK

Beat the shite out of GKB and Fire (not too much though Fire's mah frande)

will there be a finals system of sorts?

I'm not sure. I'd really like to get revenge on dPaladin and goldenkrnboi, so at this stage of the game I'm all for it. (although, with my luck, we'd have a finals system and I'd get the first seed, then get summarily destroyed in the playoffs).

The benefit I wasn't aware of until the AG tournament was adamant about HAVING a finals system was that we could almost completely eradicate the reporting system with finals. Since the ultimate goal is to find a single winner, the top 4 or 6 players in the round-robin will certainly have the best player (who actually shows up), regardless of reports.

I'm going to be looking to codify rules with Mew, Arek, and EasyP so that we can have a fairly uniform set of rules in place for finals. Since the four of us are the heads of tournaments, it'd be nice to use the same guidelines for all of them (or at least most - chess doesn't have quite the grand appeal that AG and EMU have gained so rapidly). PRC and ORC used to have the same voting guidelines and staggered their schedules pretty well until someone fucked it all up back in 2005.

Of course, that someone was me, but you live and you learn. Then you get Luvs.

Luvs_Diapers-resized200.gif

I attempted to play with someone last night and I couldn't connect. He said it was because of my firewall but I cant disable it. My dad has Norton Internet Security on my comp and it's password protected. Any ideas on how to bypass this or if it's maybe something else that wouldn't allow me to connect?
Netplay instructions:

First, you need a netplay-enabled emulator (I suggest the latest version of ZSNES, link provided in Links below) and Hamachi (ditto on the link). ZSNES comes in its own package, so just download and extract from the ZIP. As for Hamachi, you'll need to install it. Once installed and configured, click on the Join Network button and join network "OCR Tournaments" and password "ocremix", both without the quotes. (I would appreciate that you do not join the network unless you are ACTUALLY in the tournament.) Once connected to Hamachi, you will have a special network IP. Open ZSNES, and click on NETPLAY, then on INTERNET. It will ask you to either start a server or connect to server. You can work this out amongst yourselves, because it really doesn't matter who does who, just be sure to give the other person your Hamachi IP. Once connected to each other, you'll have to both load the same ROM file (or compatible, they have to be the same type). One person can send a copy of the file to the other person, if necessary. After this, the game should start, and you can both play!

Links:

ZSNES:

There is apparently a new version of ZSNES out, v1.50. v1.50 has no netplay, so you will need to use v1.42.

1.42 (Windows):

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zsnes/zsnesw142.zip

1.42 (Mac):

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zsnes/zsnes142.zip

Hamachi:

http://hamachi.cc/

As for the ROM, we're not allowed to link to it, so you'll have to obtain it on your own.

omgwtfbbq1