OCR SNES Tourney Round 2: Super Mario Kart!

Strati

O.o holy crap.

.... well. that doesn't matter. you were facing comps. now you have to face the real things. :D

my main goal is to see dpal in the finals. but i would also like to see solo in the finals. i want some revenge. 8D. that's of course, if i make the finals in the first place.

once again I aint playing you if that retarded lag we had last time is back

Anyone figure out how to record matches?

The record feature built into zsnes just records button presses and saves them to a .zmv file into whatever directory it normally saves .srm files.

Not really sure if it works in online play though. We can use something like Camtasia Studio to record the playoffs, I guess. Then we can start a youtube group and post playoff matches there for all future SNES (and AG) tourneys.

Sologamer and I played a final-match simulation. That means that if we both win through to the final, this match counts.

It was odd. It was strange. And on my side terrible.

Mario Circuit 1: Win for me, handily.

Mario Circuit 3: Win for me by a longshot.

Koopa Beach 1: Got him by avoiding two red shells and a late star.

Bowser Castle 1: Thorough outclassing, 1/2 lap victoly.

This is where things get hairy.

Ghost Valley 2: I go in thinking "hey, it's in the bag, I'm good at ghost valley."

WRONG.

I got summarily destroyed by both myself and Solo. And again. And again. And again. Every track I chose, I failed. Some close, some miserably. I always led early and dropped back late, or a quick skirt gets me here or there.

Major props to Solo for picking up the win.

---

Also, goldenkrnboi defeats me in a back and forth 5-3 decision. My future is in the hands of Atmuh now.

GLHF134340 to all!

I also played a finals situation match with solo.

ok. i don't remember the entire match too well, so i'll just explain what had happened.

I was down either 3-2 or 3-1

and i eventually win the entire thing 5-3

sorry for no details.

memory block... gotta hate them. D:

yeah, it was pretty close for a moment there.

Just played a situation match with dPaladin

He was beating me pretty good the first four races, despite an early lightning bold in the first race. But in typical fashion, I started pulling victories out of my ass and won the next two races, thanks to a well timed lightning bolt in Mario Circuit, which made him miss the big jump.

The final race, vanilla lake, was pretty close. I was barely behind him in the final lap, with a mushroom in stock, but I ended up crashing against the wall when I used it and failed to catch up, ending it at 5-2 in his favor.

sorry guys. i was way too busy today. therefore, i resign from the playoffs. meaning atmuh will advance to semis.

(kamoh, you got really lucky. :P)

I'm very displeased with this. I want to start the next tournament in 24-48 hours, and we've been in the "playoff" stage for a week and a half - furthermore, only one match has truly been played.

Anyways...

Atmuh vs. kamoh

dPaladin vs. drack

winner vs. winner.

So, is this thing dead?

I dunno. dPaladin and I talked earlier and I wanted to figure out what game he would pick.

The most aggravating thing is that we've had playoffs for a while now and just about nothing has actually gotten done - to the point that I'm considering canning the playoffs and telling Mew to make the next thread with whatever we decide to have.

Drack wants Gundam Wing: Endless Duel

I want either Mario All-Stars Battle, or a sports title (NHL 94, Super Rugby, or Tecmo Super Bowl).

dPaladin hadn't really thought about it.

I think that Atmuh's gone MIA.

Do we need to make the "playoffs" smaller? Or maybe a pool instead of a bracket?

All I know is...we were supposed to be doing the next tournament by now, and we're not. This weekend it WILL be posted, and if nobody decides on a game or that they'd like to win the tournament, it's gonna be something I pick.

I'm up for Tecmo Super Bowl. GO ALL THE WAY 1993 COLTS! Honestly though, I will play anything. I "have" every game.

If we do TSB, there's a question that has to be asked - which version?

1) The 1991, NES version, with major incompleteness (but is the competition friendly version).

2) The 1993, SNES version, which solves the issues from the above game.

3) The 1995, SNES TSB3, which has the two-point conversion but the gameplay is changed significantly.

blech...I'm not big into sports games. At least not professional sports games. NBA Street was cool though.

TSB is actually very arcade-y. The strategy/skill/luck ratio is pretty even, and you have just about as good of a chance of winning as anyone else.

I keep telling everyone this - the best sports game is a sports GAME, not a SIMULATION. Tecmo Super Bowl is undoubtedly a game first, and a very fun one at that, with a significant football element.

Unless we played TSB1, where I would run up the gut on you every time and score 100-0.

So are we still doing this? My thoughts: hurry up and finish SMK so we can move on to next month's. We're behind.

Oh lol - I thought I made a post this morning about this but I guess not.

I'm wanting to finish this up after the backlash over moving on, so I'll be on for games when I'm online (which is admittedly not much anymore these days, but enough to play a bunch of rounds of hsf2).

Drack has stated we won't be playing for a while, so we're going to advance dPaladin.

Since dP has already defeated me, this gives Atmuh the inane opportunity to win the tournament from 5th position by playing only one match, if he wishes. However, I will be fighting on dP's behalf if it should come to that, since I'd like a highly un-warranted second place honor.

Atmuh vs. kamoh

Winner vs. dPaladin

(dPaladin 5-3 kamoh)