OCR SNES Tourney Round 2: Super Mario Kart!

Strati

yeah, we connected to his own hamachi server. Did all that and it wouldn't connect me. Just kept saying "connecting..." for like 10 minutes, even after it said "found client" on his end.

ZoneAlarm occasionally does that to me. I disable it when it does that, then re-enable it when I'm done.

Also, I'm going to have to drop out of the tournament. I'll attempt to keep track of standings, but I probably won't have constant access to an internet connection for a while. I'll try to keep updating the thread for future months.

Current standings are below, including vega's position if he was not ineligible for playoffs.

The playoffs are used to even the field for players that are doing very well but not playing a lot of matches. They are meant as an alternative to "Reports" so that we have a uniform and acceptable system of deciding the winner, without any subjective reasoning on my part. Again, PLAYOFFS are meant to REPLACE reporting.

imageah0.png

imagemh1.png

Here are the standings currently.

We will end the round-robin on Sunday and start playoffs - and hopefully end them - in quick succession next week. Vega12's games will not count because he cannot recieve a playoff berth.

PLAYOFFS:

The Top-6 formats available (with semi-final match-ups in parenthesis):

Traditional (1 vs. 4/5, 2 vs. 3/6), the traditional bracket format.

Reversed (1 vs. 3/6, 2 vs. 4/5), traditional, where 1 and 2 switch positions.

Odds-Evens (1 vs. 3/5, 2 vs. 4/6), best for second place finisher.

Champions (1 vs. 4/6, 2 vs. 3/5), best for first place finisher.

Seeds 1 and 2 will receive automatic byes to the semi-finals.

FORMAT: First to 5 races (by 2) or First to 7 races (by 1).

Start with Mario Circuit 1, loser picks next track, no special circuit (same as round-robin).

(toad) goldenkrnboi 3-0 Keegan (yoshi)

Keegan didn't do that bad, especially since he's a yoshi user. i remember when i used to be a yoshi user. that is, until i discovered toad. :D

edit: damn. that was horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible luck.

well, there goes my winning streak

(toad) goldenkrnboi 2-3 Sologamer (koopa)

Race 1 Mario Circuit 1:

race-wise we were equal. but damn. red shells really hated me today. solo had like 4 red shells in this one race, and no matter what i did, all of them hit. winner: solo

Race 2 Bower Castle 1:

nothing majorly happened. winner: me

Race 3 Mario Circuit 2:

aha. this time, the luck has run out for the gamer. :D i got 2 lightning bolts in a row. winner: me

Race 4 Koopa Beach 1:

dammit. like i said, red shells really hated me this match. i got hit by one and it cost me badly because i fell in the water. i never caught up. winner: solo

Race 5 Mario Circuit 3:

Damn. mistakes after mistakes after mistakes. Lap 1: solo takes lead, but i get mushroom. i use shortcut to lead. leader: me

Lap 2: solo gets mushroom, but i still maintain lead somehow. leader: me

Lap 3: solo gets another mushroom. i try to block shortcut. semi-works. solo gets through shortcut, but gets blasted into the wall thanks to arrow boost thing. leader: me

Lap 4: this is where my luck went down the toilet. I get green shell. and solo (no surprise) gets the stupid stupid red shell. i focus on the red shell, my timing on laying down the green shell, and the huge turn in Mario Circuit 3. I end up making the turn waaaay too early. and i end up getting stuck. solo easily passes me. takes me a while to get out. i try to catch him. But I get hit twice by the moving spike things to seal the deal. No need to post Lap 5.

winner: solo

Good Race.

IT WAS TIGHT

Indeed. It was anybody's game in all but the last race, where I screwed up in Ghost Valley 2 and never recovered.

EDIT: Beat Antipode 3-1. Good match dude.

EDIT2: Kamoh, you forgot to add Keegan's 3-2 victory over Theory of Nonexistence to the scoreboard

imageld1.png

Here is the final table of the round-robin stage. SoloGamer defeats Keegan for the last playoff spot based on points scored in matches. Vega12's games do not could either way - he is ineligible for playoffs and matches against him do not count.

And here is the final bracket:

imagemx5.png

The seedings format WAS chosen at random from the four above choices by dPaladin.

metzgerism (9:29:30 AM): pick a number

cnidog (9:43:18 AM): eleventeen

cnidog (9:43:24 AM): (21)

Playoffs start NOW so play whoever you need to to try and advance!

Remember: YOU MAY PLAY NON-CURRENT OPPONENTS. Right now, everyone could play everyone else potentially, so if you'd like to play 5 people in a 5-13 race series right now, you can. The results simply won't be known until AFTER the tournament is finished.

O.o holy crap.

.... well. that doesn't matter. you were facing comps. now you have to face the real things. :D

my main goal is to see dpal in the finals. but i would also like to see solo in the finals. i want some revenge. 8D. that's of course, if i make the finals in the first place.