What keyboard should I buy?

zircon

Yeah, if all you're doing is playing back one program at a time, you'll be pretty hard pressed to run out of polyphony; the only way you'd be doing that is if you hold the sustain pedal and slide your hand over the keyboard so you make every note sound. I was talking more about if you layer a number of programs together in a combi.

The M50 is perfectly fine; I just suggested the Kronos in case you weren't aware of it; you said you had the budget for more than the M50 but didn't say how much more, and the Kronos isn't unreasonable as far as flagship workstations go.

Oh, the Kronos is like 2 times the price of the M50 where I live, which is why I discarded it. Thanks for the advice by the way!

Some internet comments mentioned some glitches in the M50, like the screen freezing or some notes getting frozen. Do you know if that's common/true?

No problem; I'm not much of a remixer, but I know workstation keyboards fairly well, so I'm happy to help. At various times, I've owned a Nord Stage, Korg TR (the little brother of the Triton Extreme), Yamaha Motif-Rack XS, and I currently use a Roland V-Combo VR-700 (only worth it because it has a nice keybed and great organ section with physical drawbars, unlike my old Nord's digital ones) plus my laptop with a bunch of synths and samples loaded, and a smaller MIDI controller so I've got two keyboards to use at once.

I don't know about the M50 having the issues that you mention; I've only tried it briefly in store. It wouldn't surprise me though; the keyboard felt cheap, and I actually bought my Korg TR after the M50 had come out; I only saved $200 or so (not a big deal to me) but wanted something more sturdy.

I'm going to buy either a Kronos or an M3 in the next couple months. Can't decide which.

The only conceivable reason to buy an M3 is if the Kronos is too expensive. Seriously, I'd have bought the OASYS over the M3, despite the M3 being newer than the OASYS; the fact that the Kronos is now ~$3k instead of the $8k OASYS makes it that much better. Seriously. The Kronos is basically the M3 PLUS several synth engines PLUS an organ engine PLUS really good sampled Piano and Electric Piano engines PLUS patch remain PLUS easy sound switching - it has a live mode where you put your combis and/or programs in order and have 16 visible on screen at once, and you can just tap the touch screen to change your sound.

• 4 months later...

I'm pretty sure it's only velocity-sensitive (or, if it's semi-weighted, it certainly won't be a GOOD semi-weighted feel for that size and price). I'm also not sure if the keys are full-size, shorter length but standard width, or smaller in both length and width, so that might be an issue if you're at all used to playing a normal-sized keyboard or piano.

I'm pretty sure it's only velocity-sensitive (or, if it's semi-weighted, it certainly won't be a GOOD semi-weighted feel for that size and price). I'm also not sure if the keys are full-size, shorter length but standard width, or smaller in both length and width, so that might be an issue if you're at all used to playing a normal-sized keyboard or piano.

If it was only velocity-sensitive, I'd expect it to look like "synth-action" keys, the kind that is really thin. Even so, there wouldn't be any point in making a keyboard with keys looking like that if they were "synth-action". It definitely looks like it's more weighted than "synth-action". Unfortunately, after asking someone who still has it, they said it is "non-weighted", but it's not a total turnoff for me.

I'm used to playing a normal sized piano, but I'm sure I can adjust. As long as it fits my station and my fingers, I'm okay with it.

I have only tried it once, and I didn't like the keys, but according to some reviews it's not very reliably and prone to breaking

I'm a pretty careful person. I don't think it'd break if I play it too much. :P In fact, there are these headphones I have that I haven't come close to breaking yet, and it's been over 6 months. Some reviews say that they broke it in 1-3 months. Maybe some reviews you read were by people that weren't the best candidates.

I'm also confused.

http://www.amazon.com/Korg-MicroKey-37-Key-Midi-Controller/dp/B0043C599S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346370055&sr=8-1&keywords=korg+microKEY

Here, it says Product Dimensions: 26 x 3.2 x 7.2 inches ; 2.2 pounds.

http://www.amazon.com/Korg-MICROKEY37-37-Key-Midi-Controller/dp/B007VQIGPW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346370055&sr=8-2&keywords=korg+microKEY

Here, it says Product Dimensions: 12 x 1 x 10 inches ; 2.2 pounds.

They look exactly the same aside from one having USB in the name and one not. I've also heard that it's 56 cm wide, and its keys are 44 cm wide. Can anyone confirm what its dimensions are?

EDIT: I've decided to buy it. :D

EDIT2: I like it, btw. It fits all my needs.