I Is Back With Questions =)

SmSml

Yeah, I'm back. Sorry for dissappearing like that, but I have been using the program

I got a few questions. The first is about just a basic instrument: I can't find a Piano anywhere in the program. I searched it in the Browser menu, but I didn't get a result except a loop and a premade beat

The second is fading in/out of different sounds. Like, under Pads, there's a lot of sounds there...my question is how can I fade them, or can I somehow make my own of that type of sound

Like always, help is appreciated!

Well there is always fl keys for piano? Right click on a channel (if ur on windows...sorry i don't use macs) and go to replce or insert and select fl keys. Although I'd highly recommend 4front piano module. I believe you can download it for free.

As for automating (having control) of the different types of sounds with a pad you got two options.

1. One if it's a single instrument like sytrus, you need to find the individual knobs that control the different sounds then right click and automate. Just start moving the different knobs around on sytrus and see how it affects the sound, you know the old guess and check method.

EDIT: you can only automate the knobs on the instruments that come with fl studio. 3rd party plugins you can't.

2. If you are using multiple devices to create the pad sound, just right click on the volume knob and select automation clip and then you can control the volume on each of the sounds.

If you are using a layer to organize various sounds then click the crossfade button on the layer and play around with those knobs.

Also I highly recommend trying completely random shite all the time. You might not create the exact sound you are listening for, but you'll prob end up creating something pretty cool by mistake. Expmerimentation is always the best way to learn IMO.

It's all good.

Yeah, that solves the piano problem. I'll have to try messing with the knobs later on.

I'm trying to "remake" this beginning with the piano, but I'm struggling (I've tried it with other instruments before I knew about the piano): www.supermariolegacy.com/TestVideos/Sample.mp3

I thought it would sound good with the piano, that's why I was wondering

That's true. I haven't gotten and other soundfonts or anything since I started with it

I was successfully able to re-create the beat!

Another thing I was wondering is if anyone had a good resource for string instruments...specifically instruments like a harp and others like that

This may be a stupid question, but I need to ask it

I may be missing it, but FL Studio doesn't come the sounds of instruments I need. I'mm looking for a Harp and a Xylophone and a Flute. I haven't seen those in FL Studio yet

I was wondering, where can I get those (unless they're in the program and I missed it / If it's possible to get those sounds)? Do I have to pay? And lastly, if they're out there, do they work the same as the other instruments?

Install and open up Sfark. Then find the packed file (i forget the extension name) it will be in Sfark's main screen. Then click the little button to unpack it. After you have the soundfont (extension .sf2) just copy and paste into the 'soundfonts' directory in FL studio. Here is the filepath on my computer for it.

G:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 7\Data\Patches\Soundfonts

Well, I downloaded the Soundfont, and the extension was .sfpack...Sfark seems to only want sf2, sbk, sfArk

I might be using the wrong thing, I dunno though

I got the soundfont from DarkeSword, just to let ya know

there are other soundfont unpackers, just google it i'm sure you'll find something. Also def pick up the ns_kit for drums. Download the 2nd one it's the soundfont, the other is just .wav files.

http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/ns_kit7freedownload.html

Before I forget go to kvraudio.com and find the link for a reverb called ambience. It's way better than fl's reverbs IMO. The glaceverb is also another good one.

I can download that later, but I defintely (I cannot spell that word to save my life) will get it

I struggled to find one. I Googled it and just got a bunch of posts at different forums

I eventually got to one callef SFPack, which I will try

Well, if you plan on collecting soundfonts, there are three soundfont unpacking programs you need. SfArk, SFPack, WinRAR, and maybe WinZIP (I'm not sure if people use that for soundfonts). I'm thinking the file that you are having trouble with might be a RAR file.

Once you have all three programs installed, you should be able to just click on the file and the appropriate program will open to unpack them.

It's an SFPack file

I ended up getting it unpacked and installed. So, is this soundfont just 1 instrument, or what?

Other than what comes in the packs, I don't really understand a whole lot more - I've never used a soundfont