How many songs do you have on your mp3 player?

EdgeCrusher

In WinAmp? 782 tracks, 47 hours worth of music. My media folder comprises almost 8000 tracks.

I haven't bothered trying to transfer any of this over to my mp3 player (a Toshiba GigaBeat 20GB I got for free) for two reasons.

1. Some of it is still in FLAC.

2. This damn thing only has a USB1.1 connection.

When I get finished reripping/transcoding everything back to MP3 I'll dedicate a couple of nights to copying it all over to the Gigabeat (I encoded 8.5GB over the weekend and I'm not yet finished).

I've finished listening to all the mixes of the games I've played. Mainly Final Fantasy and MGS and Chrono Trigger. Heck, I haven't listened to more than 10 Chrono Trigger mixes. Now I am looking for good songs to put on my mp3 that I haven't noticed yet. I tried looking at the reviews page and thought that if something has many reviews, then it must be good. When I listened to Zelda, the Music of my Groin I saw that I was mistaken. So, what good songs do you listen to here on OCR?

I've finished listening to all the mixes of the games I've played. Mainly Final Fantasy and MGS and Chrono Trigger. Heck, I haven't listened to more than 10 Chrono Trigger mixes. Now I am looking for good songs to put on my mp3 that I haven't noticed yet. I tried looking at the reviews page and thought that if something has many reviews, then it must be good. When I listened to Zelda, the Music of my Groin I saw that I was mistaken. So, what good songs do you listen to here on OCR?

Solution:

1. Download all via torrent.

2. Browse through collection, finding both well known quality songs and underappreciated gems.

The only true way.

Solution:

1. Download all via torrent.

2. Browse through collection, finding both well known quality songs and underappreciated gems.

The only true way.

I never tried the torrent, and it's giving me trouble. Is there an instruction page somewhere? I couldn't find it for some reason.

On my Toshiba Gigabeat (which runs Rockbox [Rockbox is AWESEOME!]), I have about 52,000 songs (rounded down. There's stuff in there that's not all music [album art, playlists, NFO, SVN, stuff like that]). I've got the really big C64 SID collection thing on there, tons of SPCs, the 2a03 (NSFs) collection, as well as commercial game NSFs, and plenty of MP3s (there's some FLAC and ADX (a fairly-large-in-file-size format, compared to MP3) in there as well). As I recall, the SID collection thing by itself is over 40,000 files. Excluding that, I'd be surprised if I had less than 10,000 on there. My Gigabeat has a 40 GB drive, and I've got about 1.5 GB left free on it.

On my PC though, I had 55,000+ (in Winamp), last time I checked. And I know for a fact that I've gotten *at least* 10,000 more since then. And that's not including the C64 SID collection... Including that, I've probably got 100,000+ songs on my PC... Wow... That's a surprise to even me...

As for total play time, I have no idea. Probably 1 or 2 months. Possibly more, with that SID collection. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably never actually listen to all those songs... Mouser X out.

...what's that smell?

Like others have said, go download a Bit Torrent client. I like Azureus, myself. Just Google the terms and their web pages'll come up. After you have a client, go to the front page and click a torrent to download a small torrent file. Open the small torrent file and the client should begin your transfer process. Not too hard, right? I did this (finally) some 2 months ago and found a lot of great ReMixes this way. Granted, I didn't download everything. I stuck to ReMixers I like or games that I could identify with, so only about 50% of the mixes, really.

As for my collection? I've read some of the posts in this thread, and man... months worth of music? Get real, man. I love music more than the average Joe, but I'm also friends with a hardcore music junkie so I know what a lot of "you" guys must be like.

Personally, I'd like to think that I aquire new music at a rate that allows me to listen to everything I own and still out-listen most people. I'm not out to listen to everything; I'm not going to go broke over music.

Anyway, 3,050 songs, 8.5 days, mostly mp3 or ACC files with a small peppering of high-definition music files. Granted, you're not going to see much in the way of 70s rock on my computer because of the SATURATION anyone can find on their radio dial. I do go for the older bands that I like a lot, though, like ZZ Top, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles, Beach Boys, Dick Dale, Bill Withers, Astrud Gilberto, Lynyrd Skynyrd, CAN, Herbie Hancock, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, T. Rex, Van Morrison, Vince Guaraldi Trio, Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, etc.

1400-- but 900 that I might listen to (3+star), and 300 that I usually listen to (4+star).

That's really a more interesting question imo-- how many do you regularly listen to? Or do you just put it on all 3000 and press play?

(The 500 I won't listen to are mostly "bad" songs like OLR/BEER/EAR/FEAR, or WIPs, or source tunes, etc. They're on my ipod because I still have room (20g free out of 30g), so I don't bother with deleting them.)

I've got 3359 songs, which is 8.6 days or 14.94 GB. Its a good amount considering I started my collection two years ago, but its bound to get much larger soon. Most of what I listen to now is stuff from OCR or just gaming soundtracks, along with some drum and bass in there.