OCR Diablo2/D2X League!

zircon

Let's face it. Diablo 2 and its expansion were fun as hell. I move that we all get together, start new characters on ladder US West (NOT OPEN), and play. Maybe use Vent if anyone has one. I already talked to a bunch of people in #vgdj and there's some good interest.

Don't have the game?

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Id=3660681&JRSource=googlebase.datafeed.BLZ+DIABLO2BC

$27 for Diablo, Diablo 2, the expansion, and the strategy guides. Best $27 you will ever spend.

If you want to play, post here - list your battle.net account name too. I just purchased the game from J&R so I have yet to make an account. But I will soon!!!

Status

As of March 17th...

* Highest level ~90

* Hell complete

* Preparing for "Uber" battles

There's the list... if you're not up to speed, catch up!

League Info

• We will be playing on US West LADDER. This is closed, not open.
  • We will be playing D2X, so you need both Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction to play.
  • Use mIRC or another IRC client to connect to irc.enterthegame.com and join channel #d2ocr - this is our IRC channel and you can bet we will be coordinating stuff there!
  • All games will be named OCR# with the password vgm. # represents a number, eg. OCR1, OCR2, OCR3 and so forth. Always make games starting with OCR1.
  • This is primarily a PvM (player vs monster) league, not PvP. Feel free to duel but if you are looking to ONLY duel this is the wrong place. Playing D2 from scratch is lots of fun, and fairly challenging without handouts.

Rules

• Try to play w/ the group as much as possible - idle on IRC to get in on official games, and of course attend scheduled nights.
  • Help other people in the league - don't be jerks!!
  • If you fall far behind, or you joined late, we will try to get you to where we are. However if you are too far behind, you can use any means necessary (eg. rushing from a non-OCR league char) to catch up.
  • Don't play solo with your league character unless you need to catch up or are completing side-quests (or trading).
  • If more than 8 league members want to play at any time, the second group can start up a simultaneous second game. Just try to remember who DIDN'T get in the "main" game so they can be rotated in next time.

Account List - add these to your friends!

tavernerorud - Amazon (Javelin)

Hemophiliac - Sorceress (Lightning)

DragonFireKai - Paladin (Zeal)

Stuka87 - Barbarian (Axes)

Salty_Bob - Druid (Werebear)

Eulogic

LordDyne - Necromancer (Bone/Poison)

E_Samurai - Paladin (?)

Cecilff2

zircon - Assassin (Phoenix Strike)

BOOBerries

KiroKiri - Amazon (Bows)

Chapel-White - Paladin (Hammerdin)

L4r3 - Sorc (Meteor)

NekkoChavez

ShadowsEdge

ZutnunZor

GoldenButterfly

Jabe - Barbarian (Frenzy)

ilovepsi - Sorceress (Blizzard)

SCHEDULED NIGHTS (times are EST)

Wednesday, March 7th 10pm

Friday, March 9th 8pm

Note: If a group of 5-6 people or more can be gathered on IRC on any non-scheduled night, they can play "officially" with primary characters... so go idle on IRC!

heh. I am pretty rich on US East, I have stuff like a hacked eth industructible hoz with a jah in it, btals, .08 valk, 2ber coa, and a shitload of other stuff. I think it expired by now though, I quit a month or two ago.

ps http://modsbylaz.planetdiablo.gamespy.com/ this mod is rad and we should get a bunch of people to play it

pps do you guys realize how ridiculously easy it is to dupe?

heh. I am pretty rich on US East, I have stuff like a hacked eth industructible hoz with a jah in it, btals, .08 valk, 2ber coa, and a shitload of other stuff. I think it expired by now though, I quit a month or two ago.

ps http://modsbylaz.planetdiablo.gamespy.com/ this mod is rad and we should get a bunch of people to play it

pps do you guys realize how ridiculously easy it is to dupe?

People like you were why I quit playing for a few years. Ya'll made Diablo II into a damn arms race, and it wasn't worth the frustration trying to keep up.

On a sidenote, I just fired up the old bNet account. Jeez things have changed. This is going to take some getting used to.

Hm, maybe I'll start up a new character. School is taking up like 90% of my time right now, but something has to fill that 10% void that's left.

If I do play, my character name will be barnsalot44 (unless that's already taken, which would be ludicrous). I don't know what class I'll play.

Edit: I'm still trying to find my CD. I'll tell you my account name when I've got that.