OCR01556 - Sonic & Knuckles "Robotnik Radio"

djpretzel

I agree with the judges that the beat is too loud, the mix is supafunky and has a lot of style. If I had a low rider and didn't live in barren tundras of Minnesota, I'd be bumpin to this LIKE EVERY DAY.

The piano doesn't feel very natural, but it doesn't last long enough to be a glaring issue. I love the wiggly synth leads, and even though it is painfully loud, the beat is tight. The breakdown of sonic sound effects used musically reminds me a bit of a BT track, but it is handled with way more skill.

Super props, you are one funky dude.

This was one of the S3&K tracks that I had on repeat in my car, whilst sipping on jin & juice(i.e. Route 44 cherry-lime Dr. Pepper). I really loved the way this sounded like a well produced hip hop track. I'm not sure if that was the genre GaMeBoX was going for, but that's what my my mind kept thinking. Plus, the bass in my car was thumping, & my car bass sucks, but it sounded good. Long story short, I like them drums, loudness & everything.

Best recognize, fool, this track is the bling blam, or whatever the young people say these days. Gets my JTown Seal of Chilling-wit-dem-ladies-cruising-down-the-lane-shooting-fools-wit-my-gat-or-some-such-nonsense.

If there's one thing I love about GaMeBoX's tracks, it's the samples from the games themselves being used, and more, the fact that they sound completely natural, rather than forced into the track. Robotnik Radio is no exception to this, and was an excellent addition to Project Chaos. Drums being loud is no problem.

Another great one frome GaMeBox. I really like the laid back style of this track. The sound effects are nice and lend a certain nostalgic element to the song. The drums are kind of loud, but I either forgave that or just stopped minding after the second or third play-through.

This is a very nice track, and pretty well mastered. I just wish it maybe had another element, like a solo or another key change or something. There just isn't one section that stands out for me. The song just kind of ends on me, and I'm suddenly left groove-less,

This was one of my favorites from the Chaos Project and I was hoping that this would get submitted as well as iMushroom. Like most have already said, the SFX used in the song add that nostalgia factor and don't come off as cheezy to me. But more than that, this song is just mellow. I like how the best was introduced and also that it's taken out just a few seconds before the song ends. Good stuff.

I gotta agree with what was said just before. GaMeBoX's remixes were my favorites out of the whole project bunch because of how unique they sound. My favorite part starts at about 1:00 in when the whole "urban" groove comes in. And the way the spring SFX blend in with the instrument at 2:08 was total sweeeeetness. You did an awesome job in transforming the sounds into something musical.

This remix reminds me somewhat of Joshua Morse and po!'s Watermelon Flava; however, because of the too loud beat, it's just not as chilled and laid back as the aforementioned song.

Nonetheless, this is nice work. As someone mentioned before, the SFX used give this track a nice, retro atmosphere, and I really dig that. The only thing bothering me a bit is the end; it's just too abrupt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I can almost see this being blasted out of the radios Dr. Robotnik installed in his floaty flying car thing. Still this is a cool and chill mix. I especially like the Latin feel that's been overlaid on the theme. Honestly though, one could argue that it this mix is repetitive, but certain things, the inclusion of the sound effects being one of them, really vary the audio landscape here and make it a treat to listen too. Definitely a good mix and a really awesome piece from Project Chaos.

• 2 months later...

Ehhhh I wasn't feeling this as much. I could see where the song wanted to go, but in my mind, it just didn't reach it. The piano didn't sound right to me, but that might be me being very picky with how it was mixed. This really reminded me of the FF4 album's bonus track "I Love This Radio", but wasn't cheesy enough. On the plus side, I did enjoy the use of the ring-chime and other SFX from the game. It's still very chill and alright to listen to, but it didn't stand out and deliver the goods like it could have. Production was still good for the most-part though.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll be honest, I almost didn't hear the source in this ReMix the first time I listened because of how subtle it was underneath the beat. Then I took another listen and I got it. Cool way of using it. Great use of SFX and it's nice and groovy. The beat is a bit loud, but I can dig it. It's nice and easy going, so yeah, it works for me.

• 2 years later...

While I had problem with recognizing the source too, I still liked (and like now) this track. I wonder how this would sound if it was entirely made with that style of intro, becuase I love how the intro sounds. But at around 1 minute mark it turns into something funky and hip-hoppish. The beat is a bit loud, yeah, but it's cool. And the usage of SFX is cool as well. Nice!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01556 - Sonic & Knuckles "Robotnik Radio"