OCR00673 - Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross "Molding of Destinies"

m68030

Dude, whether you write music for videogame or movie, it doesn't matter. You have TALENT!

This is, again, exactly what I was going to say. This song is one of my most frequent downloads from this site. CC's theme + Schala + Crono = one baaaaad mix. :D Seamlessly done, I love the instrumentation, EVERYTHING ROCKS!

• 4 weeks later...

guess i’m not quite the Russell Cox aficionado that other people are. maybe it’s the source material..whatever, i find most of his OCRs boring. not this though. it’s got something in it that i wish his other mixes had: an actual, physical sense of motion like you’re adrift at sea, right from the intro. sweet

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This Remix is so emotion-yanking! God Its awesome! The bass in the beginning is great and adding Schala's theme to Chrono Cross' "Fields of time" Was a stroke of genius, Kudos and Much <3 to you and your exploits!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a pretty nice mix, but it isn't anywhere near your best. Most of the samples are pretty good but I have a major problem with the cymbal used (Bleh!) and the transitions are a bit jarring. But other than that a pretty enjoyable piece, but I'd prefer to listen to most of your other works, like Dragon Warrior Journey of Solitude, any day.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

A pretty well done medley of some excellent songs, with a lot of good arrangement ideas.

The samples are well used, though The piano with Crono's theme has an irritating tap to it, and the cymbals are far too bright.

The brass near the end has an issue with it's attack, but for when this remix came out, it stands pretty tall.

The transitions were all very smooth with the exception of Crono's theme; that seemed a bit too abrupt.

Overall though, super awesome work. The strings are woodwinds are great, and I love the Chrono music. A few issues here and there aren't near enough to make this mix any less than great.

• 1 year later...

This is one of the nealry 100 Chrono Cross/Trigger remixes on this site ant actually it´s one of the best in my opinion. Whenever i become a millionaire, i will gather a great orchestra and let them play this song for me! Although normally i would favour something faster, more electronic, but this one is just great!

Cya, DJMadMax

• 8 months later...

Ahh, this ReMix is another one of my favorites. Starts out nice and mellow, piano and the plucked beat. Flute/strings slowly come in, and up until 1:12 or so is just quintessentially delicate.

Then it starts building until around 1:43, and double takes you into Schala's theme, which when I first heard it, was a totally unexpected direction. The transition into it though, is perfect. I wish I could remix with 5% of this skill.

The switch back to Chrono's theme at 2:30 ups the pace of the remix, and adds some fire to it. Deftly done.

The wrapup starting at 3:02 brings it home and finishes with a chorus of hope, or so I feel it to be.

It's a feel good, happy, goin places remix that has to be one of my favorites. :nicework:

• 1 month later...

The origonal was just a bit more captivating then this mix was. I still like it over all.

Its just a bit too mellow for me considering im one of those that likes the techno-ish, metal and electronic hype type of remixes :P the occasional slow track is nice...but the twist on this track is the fact its slow with alot of different catches, hypes, and change-ups. Like from 2:00-2:30 aprx it mellows out then kicks back up. not a bad touch, but I still like the origonal better.

7 out of 10

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00673 - Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross "Molding of Destinies"
  • 7 years later...