how do i make DVD?

Sonic

i dunno lol

My brother bought a DVD burner for the computer yesterday. He tried to use Nero to make a DVD with an .mpg file and the burn failed the two times he tried. Is there a better program, do the files need to be converted, or are we doing it wrong?

You will have to explain a little better. There could be a lot of things that can go wrong. But what exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to burn a video file so you can view it on your home DVD player or just burning your files onto a DVD as data?

One reason you could be burning bad discs is either a bad burner or a bad disc. Reliable brands are Lite-on and NEC, but others work as well. I'm not too sure about quality brand name DVD-Rs, but some have higher quality control than others. Anyway, let's assume you have a good working burner and discs to go with it. Are you burning at the specified speed of the disc? If have you a 8x disc and you're burning it at 16x, then no data actually gets imprinted on the disc or massive errors occur. One way or another, you're not going to get a working DVD. As with burning CDs, burning at slower speeds almost guarantees a good burn.

I really don't have too much experience with making DVDs for DVD players. But I think that most video files have to be .avi format. It should be easy enough to find an app to convert. Also, they only accept DVD-Rs, not DVD+Rs.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have nero 7, just set it to make a dvd, set up your menus and chapters, and when it asks you what drive to burn it to, select image recorder. Then name the file _____.nrg. Then you can burn it with nero later as a regular ISO image. If that doesn't work, maybe alcohol 120% burns .nrg files too.

Try using DVDit, it's a good and easy to use program with lost of options. Then you can either save it to and ISO and/or burn it in the program, or you can save it as ISO and use Alcohol 120% to burn the ISO (I'd take the Alcohol way, cause it's a REALLY nice program to have, especially if you download... <_< >_> things.... like I do)