Fan Art Comptition 9: Metroid [Results]

The Lone Gunman

Is it stated anywhere that I may be missing what medium (or media) was used to create the art? If not perhaps that could be an added tidbit for the following competitions? I'd really like to know how some of the people are making these great works of art.

Thanks

Draw stuff on paper with pencil, ink with pen

Scan

Add colour

???

Profit

... that's what I do anyway.

i like posts

posts = interest

and i dont mean the regular dudes i mean other interested parties

but i suppose....no this isnt time for an antisubforum rant

post post post post.

I'm interested!!! I'd spread the word... but i dont know anyone on this site. lol.. But I've been drawing for 14 hours straight with small breaks in betweeeen! lol.. yes i dont have much of a life. Or a need to sleep.

Anywho...Someone asked about where to send the pictures.. and the answer waaas.. PM The lone Gunman?

So this is where they moved the Fan Art Competition...

I'm doing this. Samus Aran is my favorite video game character ever. I even drew her in a chalk drawing contest about a year ago, and it looked pretty sweet at night with the black lights and everything. Here are some pics if you're interested.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/HeroSaintless/OC%20aRt/Samus-Chalk6.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/HeroSaintless/OC%20aRt/Samus-Chalk5.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/HeroSaintless/OC%20aRt/Samus-Chalk3.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/HeroSaintless/OC%20aRt/Samus-Chalk1.jpg

Metroid FAC wohoo! *pumps fist in the air*

I can't wait to see what comes out of this competition. Metroid is the game that really pulled me into videogaming in the first place. If I find the time to work on something, and the nerve to submit it, I may just enter something. If not then I look forward to seeing everyone's creation.

Oh, I found this particular thread while checking on the "let's find good fan art" thread and spotting the link under Atmuh's sig. I'm glad I stumbled into it.

Sweet WIPs!

Hmm.. since people have started posting previews... and I've already pretty much finished my picture... I made another picture as a preview to sum it up! lol

Mocktroid.jpg

Ps.... Bean How the hell do you get your drawings onto your comp with such high resolution? Does my scanner suck THAT much!?

(Oh... and I love all the pictures you've done :grin:)

Now, I know I'm a complete noooob... but I just got photoshop and don't have a manual.

If anyone has some free time in the next week, would you mind listing me a few steps to start basic colouring for scanned sketches? I'm not very computer saavy and can't figure out the tools or layers I should use. :cry: Thanks a bunch anyone who replies.

Now, I know I'm a complete noooob... but I just got photoshop and don't have a manual.

If anyone has some free time in the next week, would you mind listing me a few steps to start basic colouring for scanned sketches? I'm not very computer saavy and can't figure out the tools or layers I should use. :cry: Thanks a bunch anyone who replies.

I'll try and hook you up with some stuff once I get some time. And that image above wasn't scanned in. I use a tablet that lets me draw onto the computer as if I'm drawing on a piece of paper. ;-)

I'll try and hook you up with some stuff once I get some time. And that image above wasn't scanned in. I use a tablet that lets me draw onto the computer as if I'm drawing on a piece of paper. ;-)

First of all... what you say about that tablet thing is freaking amazing.

Secondly, D. Radium PMed me up with enough info to get me started in the right direction. So don't worry about it, thanks very much anyway. Hope to see your final product by submission time. :razz:

I was making some practice drawings, and I'm glad to say one of them was too kick-ass to not put in my comic. It also means I'm completely changing the style of how I was originally gonna do it - it's now gonna be in my "chaotic lines all over the place" style that seems to repel votes like... vote repellant. Well I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this anyway, and the result will not dissapoint =D

I'm also happy to see that others are interested coughBEANcough, looking forward to some great stuff!

Any "progress" on the Inglet screenshot, or the sketch? The deadline approacheth...

Bah... the more I see my drawing... the more I come to dislike it. I think I'll start a new one.. plenty of tiiime right? :???: And holy crap, a Cintiq tablet goes for 3000$!? That's insane!!!!

Yeah. They're crazy expensive. So, obviously, mine's not a Cintiq, but a regular ol' Wacom Intuos... 6x8 I think. It was a little under $400 or so. Decent price and I totally recommend them. you can even scan in a regular drawing, then "ink" the image on a separate layer using the tablet. This makes things a breeze as you can actually erase the "ink" if you don't like it or make a mistake.

I'm also happy to see that others are interested coughBEANcough, looking forward to some great stuff!

Hey! I was interested in the last competition... I just didn't get around to finishing my entry, 'cause I read the deadline wrong. And just to prove it... some fake Pokémon I doodled up:

Eggle.png

Eggle > Reagle > Falkrown

Polacub.png

Polacub > Bolaburr > Polabeest

I was going for a somewhat official style.

Yeah. They're crazy expensive. So, obviously, mine's not a Cintiq, but a regular ol' Wacom Intuos... 6x8 I think. It was a little under $400 or so. Decent price and I totally recommend them. you can even scan in a regular drawing, then "ink" the image on a separate layer using the tablet. This makes things a breeze as you can actually erase the "ink" if you don't like it or make a mistake.

Hey! I was interested in the last competition... I just didn't get around to finishing my entry, 'cause I read the deadline wrong. And just to prove it... some fake Pokémon I doodled up:

[awesome picture #1]

[awesome picture #2]

Those are so cool!! Far better and more original than alot pokemon that are actually in the game now'a days. Even the names are great! 8-)

I'm deffinately gonna have to look into getting a reasonable tablet. lol, I really wasn't sure whether or not you had that rediculous one, considering the great works you've put forth. But obviously thats just alot of gift and skill. :)!!