Fan Art Comptition 9: Metroid [Results]

The Lone Gunman

Small preview of what I've been working on. Was going to do a full colour job, but the deadline's coming up too fast for me to manage so I decided to go with a different and more managable style instead.

Here's to hoping I actually finish in time. D: Haven't had much time to do just about anything these past couple days. I have an arcade game compo to attend to also.

-Nick

I'm having the same problem as Rambo; the more I look at mine, the more I despise it. Mind, its just a sketch at this point. But not drawing for weeks at a time, and not really having the drive to go through the effort of doing so, makes it frustrating.

I got a friend hounding me about it, though, saying it'd be blasphemy to NOT draw something Metroid. Thats incentive enough, I suppose.

I'm having the same problem as Rambo; the more I look at mine, the more I despise it. Mind, its just a sketch at this point. But not drawing for weeks at a time, and not really having the drive to go through the effort of doing so, makes it frustrating.

I got a friend hounding me about it, though, saying it'd be blasphemy to NOT draw something Metroid. Thats incentive enough, I suppose.

I like your friend.

Yeah, I'm glad someone's pushing Phalanx to finish. :smile:

Cool Preview Necro, colour is overrated anyway.. at least I tell myself that. :-P

I think I'm just gonna submit my original drawing.. cuz I'm too lazy to cram in the painting I was gonna do. lol On a side note, I've been doing a few sketches though and thought I'd share this one.

Baby.jpg

I like your friend.

She laughed when I told her.

I'm scrapping my original because it was way, waaaay too ambitios for an out-of-practice Slim, so I'm switching to something else. As my friend said, I'm stressing too much over this, so I'm gonna just flip through my Metroid folder until something jumps out at me.

Its either going to be Metroid II, or Fusion. The former because it was my first Metroid game and I love it to death; the latter, because it was hella-fun and the SA-X was REALLY FUCKING SCARY. OMG BRICKS WERE SHAT.

In my blind fanatisism, I'm hoping (though very sceptically) that they'll have SA-X as a character in Smash Bros Brawl (either that or Dark Samus). Or even in a sequel to Metroid Fusion. WHEN WILL THEY MAKE A SEQUEL TO METROID FUSION????? I'm guessing it's gonna be so awsome, they haven't yet been able to put together a team that's awsome enough to start it.

I could always pop open MP2 over the next day or two, depending on when I have the free time, and make a quick sketch of the little bugger for ya. Beat the everloving snot out of the game, so I've no shortage of enemy info on my memory card.

Still gonna do that? ;] If you don't have time for it, I totally understand. Actually, I've managed to extract some hidden quality from that fuzzy inglet picture I found. But a clearer sketch or screenshot would definately be nice =D

And here's a progress update why not: I've drawn a sadly low number of panels, but I'll try and pump out a whole ton in the next couple days. I've also got all the Flash stuff going smoothly. Ooooo excitedness!!

friendlyHunter

Hey sorry it took so long for me to get these... I thought someone else would've by now. I HOPE this is what you're looking for. They're some pretty lame pictures I took with my cam. If you want them at their original sizes to zoom in let me know... though I doubt any of them are better than what you already had.

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u24/Rambotnic/Friendly%20Hunter/

Oh and Phalanx, I just saw your Phantom Ganon entry. Pretty. Freaking. Cool.

I doodle this up during a critque today and thought id share. Wasnt what i originally wanted to do but i think ill stick with it and hopefully fully finish it by friday.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/ninjademongirl/?action=view&current=metroid004jpeged.png

(toally sucker for those hearted metroids)

Nice start! Hope you finish! I particularly like the baby metroid! :grin:

When I played Super Metroid the first time through... I've gotto say, I had my gut wrenched when the poor little guy saves your life and bites the bullet. And every time after that, I was mad at it for not floating away and saving itself. lol ANYWAY. I checked out your deviant art and LOVE all your figure compositions. Enjoyed the other stuff too!

Two days till deadline!!! How many entries are we looking at? I'm excited to see them!

PS... super metroid = best game ever

Nice start! Hope you finish! I particularly like the baby metroid! :grin:

When I played Super Metroid the first time through... I've gotto say, I had my gut wrenched when the poor little guy saves your life and bites the bullet. And every time after that, I was mad at it for not floating away and saving itself. lol ANYWAY. I checked out your deviant art and LOVE all your figure compositions. Enjoyed the other stuff too!

Thank you (:

Well, I probably won't have time to finish mine - that is, unless I cut some corners. Many, many corners. Hope eveyone likes insanely fast sketches that are badly coloured, I know I do! :wink:

How's everyone else who hasn't submitted yet doing? Any chance for a deadline extension? (I always though the 23rd was pretty early...)

Wowww, lots of submissions :nicework: :nicework: :nicework: !!

As for mine, I'll have to submit it unfinished. Half of the panels will look like ugly uncoloured sketches (mostly because they ARE ugly uncoloured sketches), and a whole section (at the ending) will be missing. With any luck, you'll be left saying "IS THAT ALL????". But I should have no problem finishing the whole thing before the voting is over =)

Wowww, lots of submissions :nicework: :nicework: :nicework: !!

As for mine, I'll have to submit it unfinished. Half of the panels will look like ugly uncoloured sketches (mostly because they ARE ugly uncoloured sketches), and a whole section (at the ending) will be missing. With any luck, you'll be left saying "IS THAT ALL????". But I should have no problem finishing the whole thing before the voting is over =)

now I'm very tempted to say let you replace the earlier entry with the later one since you're going all hardcore, but that'd be mean to the rest so I think I'm gonna say don't show the final finished product until after the voting is over if you do finish during that stage

also I've seen a lot of the entries, and you peeps got nice skillz

With work and going to the gym, I've been having a bit of trouble with mine. What I wanted to do would take way too long to finish in the amount of time left. SO! That WIP from earlier is not what my entry will look like. I should have it in by the afternoon.

Got mine submitted. It's been literally years since I've sat down and drawn something up. It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see what everyone has done. Oh, and thanks to The Lone Gunman for going the extra mile to receive my submission. Curses to angelfire.com.