OCR AG Tournament: Street Fighter Alpha 3

Arek the Absolute

Is today really the last day for sign-ups? Not that it matters because I'm ready to play. And if we end up being in need of extra competitors, I strongly suggest against asking just some random guy off Kaillera.

Why, you might ask?

Because some of those guys are sick.

Hey,

I would play, but I don't know now at all. Anyway, I think you guys need some structure in the tournament. Even if it's not a lot of people, you could have a round robin and that would be fun too. I guess everyone is going to use Kawaks. The latest version is 1.57. As for me, I'm mad old school and still use version 1.45. Also, just for your information there are multiple versions of SFA3 out there, the "tournament accepted" version is the US one, whose ROM number ID is 980904.

@Atmuh:

You suck at fighting games. Good luck though. ^_^;;

Alright guys, now's the time to ask DJP if he'll pretty please join the tournament b/c that would be epic and stuff.

And Liontamer, just to see what would happen. (See if all that wrestling stuff matters in a REALL FIGHT!! With THUMBS!)

Edit: well, more fingers...less thumbs

Hey,

I would play, but I don't know now at all. Anyway, I think you guys need some structure in the tournament. Even if it's not a lot of people, you could have a round robin and that would be fun too. I guess everyone is going to use Kawaks. The latest version is 1.57. As for me, I'm mad old school and still use version 1.45. Also, just for your information there are multiple versions of SFA3 out there, the "tournament accepted" version is the US one, whose ROM number ID is 980904.

@Atmuh:

You suck at fighting games. Good luck though. ^_^;;

what the crap

I've drawn up a round-robin thingy so that we can start playing. Arek mentioned that he just wanted round-robin, and that system is having quite a bit of success in the Mario Kart tournament that I've decided to also revert back to it for the chess league (although that has more to do with most of the players being totally MIA right now and having a week-long deadline would be unfair for most).

We'll figure out the stagger and points rules later, but we'll probably have rules and guidelines sometime today.

X-Ism = No air block, only 1 hyper combo avaliable to you

A-Ism = Nothing really bad about it, just a bit harder to use, some hypers for characters are REALLY SHITTY, but others are FANTASTIC

V-Ism = The best & hardest ism to use. Puts you in this crazy mode where you move about 3 times faster than normal and can combo CRAZY. SERIOUSLY HARD TO DO CORRECT