OCR AG Tournament: Street Fighter Alpha 3

Arek the Absolute

Arek and EasyP:

I've changed my mind on the idea of having a playoff. As long as games ACTUALLY get done, it's the best way to find a winner that I can think of, without creating a zillion rules on intangibles like not showing up for matches.

Without "reports" like I've had in the past, the players who are ACTIVE and actually play will be given priority over those who are less available pretty naturally. It's now just a matter of how many spots you want (2, 3, 4, 6, 8, etc), and if you want to do some stranger playoff system (hint: you don't).

EazyP (Dan Hibiki|A-ISM) Vs. dPaladin (Ryu|X-ISM)

2 - 0

Nice try, here's hoping we get a SF2 tournament going so you get to really shine

Kamoh: I don't know what's wrong with the finals system? For those who don't know, we're going to do it something like this, the person with the most points goes to the finals. 2nd & 3rd places fight for a place in the finals in a First to Five game, then the winner of that goes on to face 1st place in another First to Five

Nothing to crazy or complicated, just some people can have off days when they play, this can give them more hope, and the round robin only is a bit lame

Broken (Ryu) vs. Hemophiliac (Ken)

2-1

Very close match. Again decided by fate, aka lag.

Edit: A word of advice. Away messages are your best friend while playing. Make sure you put something up to deter other people from bothering you during your matches.

(so that was little more than one word, sue me.)

the person with the most points goes to the finals. 2nd & 3rd places fight for a place in the finals in a First to Five game, then the winner of that goes on to face 1st place in another First to Five

Don't you mean...the TWO people with the most points go to the SEMI-FINALS, and 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th places go to the QUARTER-FINALS?

in hindsight I'm thinking we should have done a simple 3 fights, since you'd have to fight for every point. Then there's less confusion and feeling of getting cheated.

If you sweep an opponent, you should play another two or three just for posterity - this IS a social league, after all.