OCR00044 - Ultima IV "Trollbash"

• 1 month later...

I can't figure out why, but this is one of my favorite OC songs. The intro is sweet...nice timpani. As mentioned before, everything goes friggin' crazy about halfway though the song. What else can I say? Download now...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I really dig this one. Plenty of justice to the original. To describe it, the first half of the song is like a standard denizen in a vaguely medieval world. Nice. Now, the second half is that same denizen, but given heavy weaponry and armor. With spikes. Lots of spikes, that are on fire. Oh, and the weaponry is on fire too. Also dripping with acid, while chasing around orcs and trolls that are also on fire.

In summary, just plain awesome all around.

• 1 year later...

The song described through interpretive prose:

Pray thee, on this first day of the seventh year of our Lord, the King, we quest forth to slay the heinous trolls which doth infest our fair lands like a cancerous plague!

We shalt summon the bravest warriors of the kingdom using Grimdor's Ancient Horn of Summoning (you can tell it is ancient by the not so awesome patch used.), and gather the noble souls together for a crusade, the magnitude which has not been seen!

Brave warriors, now that thou art summoned, GET OUT THERE AND BASH SOME FUCKING TROLLS!!! GHAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Upgrade the trumpet patch and it's a winner, IMO. Little heavy on the feedback at the end, but a great surprise and a fun mix.

• 7 months later...

Well, everyone's right about the calm intro leading into absolute craziness.

:00-:55 we get a nicely layered intro(even the not so great trumpet patch fits in a way)

:56-1:30 goes absolutely crazy, but still keeps itself in touch with the other half of the song.

1:31-end takes us out with some screeching and nice drum work.

Very cool for such an old song, definitely a keeper.

• 9 months later...

Trumpet sound really hurts the beginning. Otherwise it's a nice set up for the second half. Second half is pretty sweet.

The problem I have with the mix is that aside from what sounds like two runthroughs of the melody, there's nothing else except for a 30 second outro that is a bit strange. More development and this piece would have been really nice.

Not too bad, overall.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I HEART THIS MIX. It really encapsulates the fun of gaming music with its genre-hopping, so-so samples and brief running time. To some, those are negatives, but to me I really can't get enough of it.

It's catchy, to the point and also quite different (even almost 9 years on), and one of OCR's earliest gems. Fantastico!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Okay, so I actually kinda like this ReMix a bit. The samples are a bit rough and parts of it are just begging to be expanded, but I liked the arrangement and I would really love to see a super polished newer version of this. This is just one of the mixes that makes me wonder what they would sound like if done by todays standards. Nice.

• 3 years later...

This is... I have to admire how much and how quickly this song turned from something so peaceful to INCREDIBLY nuts. The samples aren't very good at all, nah, but I admire how out-there the song becomes. Even the short length kind of works in its favor - a brief serenity, an explosion of energy, and away it goes. I don't think we could get many remixes that take this kind of risk anymore and that's too bad, in a way. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00044 - Ultima IV "Trollbash"