OCR00675 - Final Fantasy II "Town Tribute"

Ginnsu

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Now THIS brings back memories! This one of the happiest and most calm track in the game. A pretty village out in the wild with thousands of monsters standing outside the walls waiting, but the town theme is still happy! I like their attitude.

For the remix: Noppz have made it again, a super mellow remix that just want you to hang up your hat and sit down with your feet on a pillow and lie back. Noppz has captured the spirit od relaxness and stuffed it into a remix for everybody to enjoy. AAhhh....Well done.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the drums could come down a bit in both volume and reverb, and it's not too far removed from the original, but it does have a nice relaxed feeling.

I like Bummerdudes' assesment of a cheerful town surrounded by thousands of monsters. Are they oblivious? Indifferent? Possibly just so cheerful from this song playing constantly that they don't allow any monsters in to mess up the phonograph.

Anyways, nothing groundbreaking here, and the drums are a bit annoying to me, but the rest is nice and relaxing.

• 1 year later...
I like Bummerdudes' assesment of a cheerful town surrounded by thousands of monsters. Are they oblivious? Indifferent? Possibly just so cheerful from this song playing constantly that they don't allow any monsters in to mess up the phonograph.

This one really made me think. I don't know if I'll listen to this piece the same again. Haha.

Nice chill mix. The snare bugs me, especially when it's all alone in the beginning. It's over a bottomless pit or something. Just too big for my tastes. Aside from that, I have no problems with this mix.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Ah Final Fantasy 2. The troubled deadbeat family member of the Final Fantasy music scene. Noone but NoppZ is charitable enough to remix music from it. He's a living saint, I tell you!

This is a slow, upbeat mix, and while I appreciate that is basically what the original was as well, for some reason slow and upbeat tracks depress me a lot. And for some reason, I got a lot of foreboding out of this mix. I felt like I was in the happiest village around, looking at townspeople going about their days oblivious to a scourge of destruction descending upon them. But that's just me.

I craved some meatier arrangement in this. I thought it did its routine thing too often, and the key change didn't make things that much more interesting. The samples sounded a little soppy, but generally they fit well for what this mix is.

Not my favourite style of mix, but nevertheless, I'm glad to see FF2 actually has some representation around here.

• 1 month later...

What I love about the bells (or the electric piano as djp calls it) is they sound so joyous they're already at the point of tears. They tell me this is a blessed town I'm entering, full of pure folk who are protected by heavenly graces. An admirable representative for the countermelody from the source.

Not to diss the rest of the mix; the melody's admirably boosted by strings, pads, drums, a "can't go wrong" key change, and other pieces to paint the peaceful prosperity of the town. But my first love is those bells. Just loverly.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00675 - Final Fantasy II "Town Tribute"
  • 1 year later...