OCR Chess Tournament - March 2007

kamoh

OverClocked Remix Chess League

Tournament XXIII

Old-School Tourney - March 2007

To join the tournament

1) Post a reply in this thread stating that you would like to be added.

2) List your AIM screen name (we use AIM for matchmaking constantly).

3) Deadline for sign-ups are Sunday, March 25th @ 11:59 pm EDT.

Match Format

Use Yahoo! Games Advanced Lounge 7.

10/15 clocks, Protected Rooms.

Each match will be two games; once as white, once as black.

Wins = 3 points, Draws = 2 points, Losses = 1 point.

Undo Turn: Undo turn is allowed, provided it is done so quickly. An undo turn given merits one recieved.

Disconnects: If a player disconnects, they are entitled to a restart at the point of the disconnect or, if both parties agree, a full replay.

You forfeit if: you disconnect after a disconnect restart, you refuse to restart a disconnect game, or you refuse to reciprocate a previous undo turn.

Use of computer assistance is prohibited and will result in the banhammer.

Tournament Format

Round-robin tournament, with the deadline for games and matches being on Sunday, April 1st.

Quick questions on your preference:

CLOCKS

a) 10/15 clocks

B) 20/0 clocks

c) 30/0 clocks

Format will likely be "double-pool" provided we can get around 16 players to join. Ideal is really 20 players.

EDIT: Or more, see the 30-player maelstrom that was August 2006 - although about 6 of the noobs went MIA immediately.

20 clocks! 20 clocks!

I'm actually leaning towards 10/15 since it is generally a little slower than 20/0, but more because I don't want people fumbling around with time controls - yahoo's got it set that way for a reason, and I intend to find out!

(btw I said that in September)

Damn, I can't participate in this one. I'd really like to but I'm up shit creek without a paddle right now. I swear I don't think I could be any worse off then I am now, so I probably won't even have time to post again for the next month.

Also, if your still running the league, go ahead and drop me out because I won't have time to play anymore games for the whole duration of that tournament. As for the people on my team, I'm sorry... I know, I fail at life.

Right now the court is even trying to get me for credit fraud. I didn't do anything wrong that I know of but they're telling me that I could be locked up for 2 years. It gets worse still, thats only the beginning of it.

I don't have time to go into all of that right now, nor do I think you care to hear about it. All that said, I REALLY wish I could play in this one but I simply can't.

High school league uses hour clocks with no increment =)

Regardless of that though, I'm in.

Well it's two games/match, so it should be faster anyways. In HS you get one or two games a week, here we do several more than that.

I think a lot of people did well with the 10/15 increment, but I'm definitely not adverse to other ideas. The real benefit is that it's less for everyone to have to change before starting the game.

longebane (7:46:27 PM): hey MOTHER FUCKING BITCH

longebane (7:46:33 PM): LETS PLAY CHESS ASSHOLE

EatinRamenNaruto (7:46:39 PM): OLolOLolOLOL

longebane (7:46:53 PM): MEET YOU IN GODAMN ADV 7 YOU SLUT

longebane (7:48:29 PM): GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW YOU WHORE

EatinRamenNaruto (7:48:43 PM): But I'm killing people. D:

longebane (7:48:54 PM): ITLL ONLY TAKE 2 MINUTES MAX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Session concluded at 7:48:55 PM

Damn, I can't participate in this one. I'd really like to but I'm up shit creek without a paddle right now. I swear I don't think I could be any worse off then I am now, so I probably won't even have time to post again for the next month.

Also, if your still running the league, go ahead and drop me out because I won't have time to play anymore games for the whole duration of that tournament. As for the people on my team, I'm sorry... I know, I fail at life.

Right now the court is even trying to get me for credit fraud. I didn't do anything wrong that I know of but they're telling me that I could be locked up for 2 years. It gets worse still, thats only the beginning of it.

I don't have time to go into all of that right now, nor do I think you care to hear about it. All that said, I REALLY wish I could play in this one but I simply can't.

Credit fraud? ur the MAN ! teach me wen u get time!! Ok sowwy, wish you luck and this is just a phase imo. Times change and things can only get better =)

Credit fraud? ur the MAN ! teach me wen u get time!! Ok sowwy, wish you luck and this is just a phase imo. Times change and things can only get better =)

Man, I totally skipped over that post after the first line, "Blah, blah, busy, can't participate . . ." but credit fraud? I'd actually be very interested to hear the rest of that story, and whatever else is going on in your life misspelled king. Post the whole sob story whenever you're next on so we can feel better about ourselves.

Keegan and I played a game of 'Patzer' chess, which is pretty simple - if you can check, you must.

This involved force-captures of a LOT of pieces, and the two pawns that I improved had to be knights. Bare-king vs. King+Knight = draw :P

Just a quick asking - do you guys want a small playoff format?

It'd either be 3, 4, or 6, just to A) give players off their game a second-chance, and B) make my life easier when it comes to reports by basically ignoring the damn thing.