MM3: Final Wily Stages (Creepin and Crawlin)

I...don't get it. 95% of the song has only one instrument playing at a time, the sounds you're using are terrible, and it's got nothing holding it together. No drums, no dynamics, no...anything. There's not even any feeling to it. It's just the same thing playing over and over again. There's not even an ending...

Have you ever listened to an ocremix? Listen to a few - it doesn't even matter which ones. Notice that there are layers and subtleties, dynamics and contrast...all of those things which make music enjoyable to listen to.

Even if this was made with the best instruments, production, and mastering, it wouldn't make it. Not even 7 years ago.

I sorta wonder how Metroid Sugar, Water, Purple made it based on what you just told me.

Besides the fact that it stays interesting, dynamic, and has more than one hand playing at a time? It's just enjoyable to listen to, whereas your track makes a little piece of my childhood die every time I hit "play". There's just no substance, nothing to grab my attention.

Precussion was never my thang. Now for the track I made, I was trying to make it sound like a level soundtrack so to speak and precussion would be out of place in this type of level. The song ends where it's supposed to loop.

It does loop. 3-4 times, in fact, before it's even over. Fake choir (one note at a time) going to fake guitar (one note at a time) again and again. It's not even slightly coherent. The only thing that's supposedly holding this thing together is a theme. What about melody? What about a hook? If this were a level soundtrack I'd be laughing too hard to ever beat the game. It's not scary, it's not climactic...it's not anything. Your other song had ten times the promise this one does. Get a metronome, learn some music theory, and go back to the other one.

• 2 weeks later...