MEETUP: Baltimore, MD--April 7th - Pics up! (pg11)

DrumUltimA

Since it's getting closer to the 7th and all, do we have any clearer picture of what's gonna go on at the meetup- as in like where we'll meet and spend most of our time. Plus, if we're planning on going to ESPNzone or to dinner, it'd be nice to know so I could put some mo-nay away for it.

Also bump.

I wish I could come to one of these. I'd love to actually meet you guys in person. Unfortunately, I considerably doubt my parents would enjoy me going all the way to Baltimore from Hot Springs, AR to meet a bunch of "strangers". Only one more year until I'm 18 and have complete freedom! (...except they'll still have the money...damn...) Still a long trip though. :P

It's worth asking. Offer to give them contact info for people you'll be with; that's what I had to do with my parents the first time I went out to meet somebody from the internet (in this case joecam); my parents called joecam and talked to him, and after comming to the conclusion that he wasn't a rapist and ax-murderer, they let me go to meet him, and they've had no problem with me going to meet people from the internet ever since.

Can't speak for anybody else, but you can give them my contact info if need be.

Will a ps2 be available the meetup? I just got Marvel Vs Capcom 2 today and thought id bring it along.

I could bring one along- I'll take MK: Armageddon and some other games too (DDR anyone?), and I'll bring the console itself if there isn't one available at Pixietricks' or Drumma's place.

Will a ps2 be available the meetup? I just got Marvel Vs Capcom 2 today and thought id bring it along.

Fuck yes! 8)

And no, I sadly don't have a PS2.

Edit: I'd be up for some DDR. As I said I'll be bringing StepMania on my laptop too.

You have MvC2 for PS2? Isn't that rare or something? But yeah, slim PS2's probably are better for traveling purposes. I have MvC2, CvS2 and Soul Calibur for Dreamcast... but that's kind of bulky and as I see it, I don't think I'll be able to make it. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Hey guys!!! So far, things are on for the 7th. People are inquiring what to do. Well, let's hear what ya'll think? There will certainly be video gaming, probably at pixie's apartment if she and her roommate cool with it. I suppose we could meet at the Washington Monument at noon, dump your stuff either at Peabody or at Jill's, and go places! Those of you who went last year, what did you have fun doing and what could you live without? There is a lot of food around B-more, so there will be plenty of places to eat. We also have espn arcade zone (no ddr there though :[ ), the imax theatre in the museum, there's a Best Buy :D, and we have a bunch of art museums (like the Walter's across the street, which is free!) There's also a regular movie theatre up the street about a 20 minute walk from Peabody, and of course Jill's apartment. We could go to the dorms at Peabody where I live, but I have a feeling pixie's place will be better. Of course, perhaps we could go to Peabody and those of us who play instruments could try to find a place to jam :D

So there's a whole bunch of stuff. Let me know what you think!

*puts a vote in for a meetup somewhere in between... Like in PA... Where people from NY and VA, MD, and PA can meet... Kinda centrally...?*

well I'll be at wizard world philly and it fits the time i think

June 15-17

It's fun you people should come

I'm pretty much cool with doing whatever- I'd rather not do a movie, though- it doesn't seem all that social. Like I said, I REALLY want to jam for a while- I'm bringing my bag 'o' tricks. And by that I mean bag 'o' assorted instruments. Anyway, just my two cents. Also I don't know where the Washington Monument is, unless you're talking about the one in DC.

im just wondering, are there any meetups in Wisconsin? also, it would be cool if there would be a meetup in Pittsburgh, though neither of those would probably ever happen. * if my vote matters at all(it probably doesnt though,lol) i vote for a meetup in Wisconsin. i guess im in the same place as Theory of Nonexistence on the fact we like to think someday these things will happen. EDIT: reply to Atmuh: i would definitely come as would a lot of people, but you cant go if you cant or dont have enough money to travel there and go. these meetups are very limited, in fact, it seems like there are only meetups in the eastern states. if you made a wider scope of where you had meetups, more people would go.

im just wondering, are there any meetups in Wisconsin? also, it would be cool if there would be a meetup in Pittsburgh, though neither of those would probably ever happen. * if my vote matters at all(it probably doesnt though,lol) i vote for a meetup in Wisconsin. i guess im in the same place as Theory of Nonexistence on the fact we like to think someday these things will happen. EDIT: reply to Atmuh: i would definitely come as would a lot of people, but you cant go if you cant or dont have enough money to travel there and go. these meetups are very limited, in fact, it seems like there are only meetups in the eastern states. if you made a wider scope of where you had meetups, more people would go.

to be honest I don't give a crap about having a meetup at Wizard World

I'm just saying go because it's fun