MEETUP: Baltimore, MD--April 7th - Pics up! (pg11)

DrumUltimA

I'm down for Scrabble.

Oh yeah, and does anyone have a Deluxe Scrabble board? I have the travel edition, which doesn't fit the new tiles I bought...

But if worst comes to worst, Apples to Apples ftw.

Edit: Okay guys, sad to report I had a fender bender last night. :evil: The car is still perfectly drivable, but due to handling insurance stuff this morning I'll be between a half hour and 1.5 hours late :-(

My cell phone is 717-645-4418. Pixie: If I need to call someone, does your cell phone number you gave me last year still work? And I know Taucer posted his in here, but it's apparently gone now.

Man, security at Peabody are a bunch of assholes. They wouldn't let me out of the garage. They were like "We're closed. We have no reason to let you out because you didn't pay". And then I said "Look I was expecting to pay and I'll give you the money right now. (whipped out a 10)". Then he was like "Oh no, I can't take your money here, no ones on duty." So I was like "wtf" Then he continued to tell me how I was parking there to get a freebee cause I knew the garage was closing regardless of the fact that I tried to pay him right then and there. And he then accused me of getting free parking on a 'regular basis'. I've parked there once before and that was in December for the meetup. Which, when I had to leave, went to the garage, rang the buzzer, told the guard I was hanging out with friends and needed to get my car, he opened the garage door with no questions, I got my car and left.

This guard then told me that me and 15 of my friends all had the same idea about free parking. DJP left before dinner and had to deal with this dickhead before we did. And he offered the guard money also, saying that he wasn't expecting free parking, but the guard wouldn't have any of that either.

*sigh*

But I'm home now. And the meetup was alot fun, as usual! Thanks everyone for a great time!

P.S. - Jill should be on American Idol and show all those n00bs a little something of how it's really done.

Oh my God... I had no idea it was THAT bad. I'm going to talk to security myself on Monday (whoever is the head in charge), explain the situation, and possibly even request an apology. That's just despicable, accusing you guys of something like repeatedly trying to park for free with absolutely NO basis. Ugh. I'm sorry you had to go through that. :<

OSHI- BACK FROM MEETUPZ

I love you all. You're great, and this meetup has pretty much reinforced why I love this site so much. It's at least as much about the community for me as it is about the music. Speaking of which. VGL is touring, and they're coming back to DC on the 29th and 30th of June. I look forward to seeing you all again there! :wink:

-EDIT-

Pics and vids(?) should be posted soon!

Man, security at Peabody are a bunch of assholes. They wouldn't let me out of the garage. They were like "We're closed. We have no reason to let you out because you didn't pay". And then I said "Look I was expecting to pay and I'll give you the money right now. (whipped out a 10)". Then he was like "Oh no, I can't take your money here, no ones on duty." So I was like "wtf" Then he continued to tell me how I was parking there to get a freebee cause I knew the garage was closing regardless of the fact that I tried to pay him right then and there. And he then accused me of getting free parking on a 'regular basis'. I've parked there once before and that was in December for the meetup. Which, when I had to leave, went to the garage, rang the buzzer, told the guard I was hanging out with friends and needed to get my car, he opened the garage door with no questions, I got my car and left.

This guard then told me that me and 15 of my friends all had the same idea about free parking. DJP left before dinner and had to deal with this dickhead before we did. And he offered the guard money also, saying that he wasn't expecting free parking, but the guard wouldn't have any of that either.

*sigh*

But I'm home now. And the meetup was alot fun, as usual! Thanks everyone for a great time!

P.S. - Jill should be on American Idol and show all those n00bs a little something of how it's really done.

Sounds like that security guard needs to get launched. Big time. At least you had a good time though. If I ever do get to hang with you guys at some point (hopefully at Otakon), we'll have to look into an alternate parking area for ourselves. At least then, we wouldn't have to deal with asshat noobs like that guard. He's probably just some rent-a-cop anyway. Don't ya just hate those types that feel like they're god, but really, they're just a tool. Someone else's instrument to use in whatever capacity they want to?

Oh well... That's my two cents, three nickels and a quarter.

Incidentally, I have a friend who was on that show...but she got kicked off and edited out of the episodes because she didn't have a green card at the time.

Sucks about that crappy security guard though. I would've raised hell.

That's party games: the more people the better.

WarioWare and Apples to Apples are something else.

Been back a while, relaxing... now for spring cleaning.

Great seeing everyone, some again.

I wish I didn't forget the batteries on my camera.

...VGL is touring, and they're coming back to DC on the 29th and 30th of June.

That's a pisser, 'cause I'm starting to think I'll be old, crippled and deaf in the left ear before VGL comes to NYC.

Hope to get time off for Otakon!

man, i drove the farthest and didn't even win a prize... you guys suck...

i guess that's why you chumps got owned at apples to apples by teh BGC. :D

no seriously, though, i had a great time. totally worth the drive. won't be a common occurrence, but definitely a lot of fun. despite my posterior being a little sore after the drive back, i have no regrets about going. the ice capella groove was tight, the food was awesome, and playing/watching people play the wii was a blast.

thanks to jill for hosting, and hopefully she'll get the pics/videos up soon :)

It was awesome to see you all, and meet a few new faces! Sorry the weather didn't turn out so great; hopefully next time we'll be able to do more outdoor stuff as well. Anyway, here are some pictures from Big Giant Circles and myself. There will be some video footage on Youtube later as well!

zircon and Taucer "rock out" on some accoustic guitars and Xerol listens on

01.jpg

More guitarage

02.jpg

These awesome VGDJ-logo charms BGC's wife made for us!!!

03.jpg

BGC with Noob

04.jpg