MEETUP: Baltimore, MD--April 7th - Pics up! (pg11)

DrumUltimA

Nice picts so far!

Really love that statue! And sorry I missed lunch and what not; looks like fun.

I've been freeing up space on my hard drive to make room for my own Meetup picts (those lengthy videos eat up space like a mutha!), but should be up by tomorrow night.

Question: Should I post links to the videos in my webspace (in .mov format) or upload them to YouTube? I got a couple jam sessions, Liontamer and Jared's judging in Apples to Apples and DrumUltimA on WarioWare.

--And oh yeah, Shiran's, um, special talent :nicework:

Thx again; was really a blast and great seeing you all either again or for the first time! :-)

Edit: Shit! iPhoto acted up again and deleted the majority of my pictures! I'm attempting recovery off the camera card as we speek; seems to be working well enough...

Edit2:

Good times; I was honestly a little tired, and wary of navigating my way out of Baltimore to Delaware that same night for Easter w/ the fam, so was a little more reserved than usual, but still had a good time.

Nah, just having you there was cool. Manning the bongos and keeping those Red Sox fans in line!

...I kid, iKid. ;-)

Where're you from, like Maine?

And damn I wish I went...

Oh...that sucks. I did go to last year's Baltimore meetup, spent quite a bit of time traveling from Binghamton though.

You guys got a Cracker Barrel that i stopped into on my way back from DC this year. haha

Q-pa, José, and Upthorn playing 1337 scrabble

32.jpg

Who put down a 3 letter word horizontally in the middle!? You're suffocating the board!! It's going to make the entire game harder for you and the other people. Surely you can do better than that! Those pieces look pretty cool though, what version of Scrabble were you guys playing with?

Who put down a 3 letter word horizontally in the middle!? You're suffocating the board!! It's going to make the entire game harder for you and the other people. Surely you can do better than that! Those pieces look pretty cool though, what version of Scrabble were you guys playing with?

That was the guy, (Jiggles McPuff maybe?) who had to leave after his first turn.

We ended up restarting fairly shortly after that picture was taken, though, and we got a better first word down.

We were playing "1337" scrabble, by the way. It's a version where all the tiles are green on black, and 0, 1, 3, 4, and 7 are in the bag along with the alphabet.

Larry and DJP listen to a remix in the queue

24.jpg

is dat sum galbadia hotel

Don't tell me you guys downloaded some ~>illegal<~ music to check the source tune during the meetup. And I thought these were wholesome, family-fun affairs. :(

Nice picts so far!

Really love that statue! And sorry I missed lunch and what not; looks like fun.

I've been freeing up space on my hard drive to make room for my own Meetup picts (those lengthy videos eat up space like a mutha!), but should be up by tomorrow night.

Question: Should I post links to the videos in my webspace (in .mov format) or upload them to YouTube? I got a couple jam sessions, Liontamer and Jared's judging in Apples to Apples and DrumUltimA on WarioWare.

--And oh yeah, Shiran's, um, special talent :nicework:

Thx again; was really a blast and great seeing you all either again or for the first time! :-)

Edit: Shit! iPhoto acted up again and deleted the majority of my pictures! I'm attempting recovery off the camera card as we speek; seems to be working well enough...

Edit2:

Nah, just having you there was cool. Manning the bongos and keeping those Red Sox fans in line!

...I kid, iKid. ;-)

doesn't matter to me q-pa, videos sound awesome no matter how they are presented :D

I didn't start either round of Scrabb, but I don't remember who it was. I do remember constantly getting stuck with X's, W's and Q's, which don't get you great wordage, unless you 3-letter 1337 the entire game with QFT, QFE, WTF, etc. I did have a couple of the longer words.

I would say that's my iPod on the statue, but like I told Larry, I don't care how much of a household word it is, it's NOT an iPod!

It might have been me, unless they started over when upthorn joined in, which was after I put down the first 3 letter word.... my bad, I don't ever play scrabble. Plus all I has was W X Y 2xA's and like an L

I guess that's okay. If you've hardly played before, it's understandable. People who don't play Scrabble aren't really into word games in general. I'm pretty awesome at Boggle myself. Scrabble is nice for shooting the breeze and stuff. Boggle can be very intense. Just for your information, you probably could have made the word "always" if there was an S around.

The tiles look cool, non-standard... didn't know it was a different set of letters though. Depend on the distribution of letters, it could get pretty hard. Scrabble is okay, but I think they need a couple more U's in there because you can still make words with U's but not with just a Q.

I can't believe I'm the first to "YouTube"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqWAm_kp3Xc

DrumUltimA on WarioWare

(what was the name of this level?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0wfZtfrc4

Jared judging in Apples to Apples. Word: "Emotional"

..."Emo," LOL

All of the original movie files are available on request. I'll have the jam sessions and Shiran's solo up later when I have the time to wait for the upload...

Edit: Boy, I really have a really annoying laugh, don't I huh.gif

One more video while another uploads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNnxv4qUmok

Larry "Liontamer's" judging round in Apples to Apples. Word: "Funny."

9-volt's "nintendo classics" or something like that level

9-Volt? As in this guy?

9volt.jpg

Edit: The video you've all been waiting for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a07NHlfccAA

Shiran's special talent ;-)

Edit2: Is the framerate really sucky for you guys too? The original videos look much better...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, please let's see what we got!

In other news I've finally re-upped my videos hopefully fixing the audio synching. You might need to wait for YouTube to process them and stuff...

Jared judging Apples to Apples:

Shiran's Special Talent:

Larry "Liontamer" judging Apples to Apples:

And a new one: "Ice-Cap and Soul:"

I don't have access to my DrumUltimA-on-WarioWare video at the momemt, so I'll edit this post again when I do.

I still need to get my pictures the hell up...