final fantasy 7 gladly badass ocremix

1makes2

this is a tume i learned on the piano and decided to remix.

any feed back would be great thanks.

www.myspace.com/soundforumusik

its called gladly badass because i dunno y it just is and thats my story and im sticking to it.

heres some more info: this song was entirely written and mixed in one night/sitting so it prob needs some fresh ears to listen to it and give me feedback. also the only gear used was my crappy keyboard and fruity loops/ only vst's ive aquired (free ones cause im poor. i used to have reason but my hard drive got deleted (sob*)) any ways any criticism is appreciated.

Cool, thanks. That song is really sparse, so actually you've done a lot of fleshing out of it already. This is a pretty good start I think, the rearrangement is great, it just sounds like it could use some added touches and FX. Scratching would be wicked on this.

Have you heard Ziwtra's latest mix?

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01540/

I'm thinking stuff similar to that could work here--some string stabs or quick runs, scratching, a little more variation in the beats, maybe some piano comping. Not saying to copy that exactly, but stuff in that vein could fill out your mix more and diminish the repetitiveness of some parts.

Anyway, yeah, nice start, dude.

You're from FoCo? Awesome. Someone else with an appreciation for thin air and schizophrenic weather. Or hatred. Whatever works.

On to the music. I like this a lot, but it needs more bass. It would get ten times better with bass filling out more of the lower frequencies. The kick could use a bit more bass, too. That kick just doesn't seem to have enough energy to it. Other than that, everything has already been covered in previous comments.

No one has mentioned a lack of originality in the arrangement, and I've never heard the original, so...good job with the arrangement. I think.

this is my second submission of this song to the wip and ive added some piano and some automation and redid some drums, now there is no loop at all its just live from my keyboard. its not very good quality when i convert it to mp3 tho oh well here it is

www.myspace.com/soundforumusik

i forgot to say that this is a remix of FF70-sandy badlands (corel prison)

ok i spent a while this afternoon fixing the begining up a bit and adding subtle changes to the overall mix. its getting there all of your feedback helps and is appreciated. thanks!

some changes were made to the bass and drum arrangements

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool. You've done a great job taking a song that basically has nothing but its melody and giving it depth.

I agree with DarkSolstice, though. The begining sounds kind of threw me off and it took me a second to get into the song when it actually started. I don't know how exactly you could redo this... maybe play one bar of the song as it is heard in-game before moving into the mix?

Over all very well done and a nice breath of fresh air on the boards. I'll absolutly be keeping my eye on this mix!