you know what, video games really aren't that fun

Faduger

It's your own fucking loss if you can't derive fun out of video games.

Don't try to make it everyone else's.

yeah, i made this forum cause i was bored and wanted to say something which in my opinion doesn't make anysense in the first place. Games are inerpreted different by everyone. I Don't have a problem with games unless i play them for to long. I enjoy playing games more than anything. The idea of wasted games is just frustration of my memory card being deleted from zelda..piece of shit. Anyway, the main points are, this forum shouldn't have been made in the first placegames are subjective, and anne is a foggat.

i made this forum

olol no.

The idea of wasted games is just frustration of my memory card being deleted from zelda..piece of shit.

What?

Anyway, the main points are, this forum shouldn't have been made in the first placegames are subjective, and anne is a foggat.

Again, what?

Put a little more effort into your posts, please.

Hay guys I made this post because I was bored. If I play games for too long, I get tired of them. Sorry about the rambling angry post, but my memory card got deleted and I lost my Zelda file so I got pissed. Anyways the main point is this post shouldn't have been made in the first place, games are subjective so it's not like I'm actually contributing anything with this.

ps anne you are a faggot

i think this is what he ment to say

I talking about Resident Evil 4. It was a great game, It had a very "tetris" like feel to it. Sure the controls were kinda awkward, but they were second nature once you learned them. The main thing was though, that they were simple, but this by no means made this an easy game, camera placement and smart ( not to mention tough ) AI were really your main threat, but the frantic pace of the game made the whole thing worthwhile. That is why it is currently my favorite shooter of all time.

I'll put it real simple. Oftentimes, I simply am playing games not because I really want to but because I really wan something that isn't work to do. Vidoegames rovide that. On theother hand, when I get truly engrossed in a game I am playing not because this is what I really want to do. Prince of Persia, Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy and Marior have all enspired this feeling in me.

Good topic, I've been thinking about something similar recently. One day I realized that I had quit video games, in a sense. I had been waiting like crazy for Twilight Princess to come out, and I was like OMG I'm beating it as soon as possible, then I'll beat it a few more times and explore every little thing. Don't get me wrong, it's all you could ask for in Zelda. But after I beat the first couple dungeons, I just couldn't bring myself to turn it on. The only games I like now are ones you can be competitive, so the only games I play right now are SSBM, DotA, and Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike (which I just picked up a week ago). Maybe I'll keep liking quirky games that come out for the Wii/DS that just keep you entertained for a little while, like Elebits. I played Elebits once, I had fun while I played it. But so far I really don't use my Wii anymore. I'm just waiting for SSBB to come out, I guess.

On the topic of SSBM glitches and Soul Calibur 2:

Soul Calibur just sucks. And button mashing gets you NOWHERE in Smash. I was actually able to beat my friends every once in a while my first time playing SC2 without even knowing the controls. They weren't competitive players or anything, but they at least actually played the game and knew stuff about it. Of course in any half-decent game though, button-mashing's effectiveness at beginning levels of playing is irrelevant to what the game is like at a higher level, because button mashing should become obsolete fast, or something is wrong. I tried getting competitive with SC2 because I thought it would be cool, but it's really bad.

Wavedashing isn't a glitch; it's only logical that when you airdodge into the ground, your momentum will make you slide, and how far you slide depends on the angle you airdodged, how close you were to the ground, and your character's traction. People used to think they had a name for the animation dealing with wavedashing because with the debug menu, your character's animation says "landfallspecial" when you wavedash. But this animation is used for many other things, so it's not possible to determine how much the developers knew of wavedashing before hand. I'm sure they realized that airdodging into the ground would make you slide - the developers should know a lot about the game. Nobody knows if they intended for people to incorporate it into their game. But! The important thing is that it adds a lot of depth to the game, and it's awesome. L cancelling is DEFINITELY not a glitch. It was in SSB64, and Nintendo even taught you how to do it on their old Smash website. Also in Melee they improved it, making it less broken because it only cuts half of your lag frames instead of ALL, which was a bit ridiculous. But in Melee, L-cancelling works like this: If you are in the lag of an aerial A attack and you press L within 6 frames of activating your lag animation (hitting the ground), the lag animation is cut in half. That means it had to be specifically programmed to happen under those circumstances. Also they had to make a whole new animation where half the frames are cut away for each aerial A attack (except G&W's back air, which can't be L cancelled).

I just like games like Smash and Street Fighter that have a lot of depth, and you can keep practicing and practicing to get better. My game is constantly evolving; I can watch videos of my own matches to see things I can work on, both technical skill and bad habits. And I can look for things to take advantage of that my opponent does, disrupting his game and forcing him to change and get better while he is always doing the same to me. It's not about being better than other people, it's about everyone bringing their game to a higher level so it's more fun.

I just like games like Smash and Street Fighter that have a lot of depth, and you can keep practicing and practicing to get better.

Yes, I heartily agree.

I had been waiting like crazy for Twilight Princess to come out, and I was like OMG I'm beating it as soon as possible, then I'll beat it a few more times and explore every little thing. Don't get me wrong, it's all you could ask for in Zelda. But after I beat the first couple dungeons, I just couldn't bring myself to turn it on.

However, on this note I cannot relate. The greatest Zelda title of them all deserves its share of my efforts, unto a very near-to 100% completion percentage, even if I only ever make a single save file. I have secured such a mark in every Zelda game before, I will not be deterred now!

EDIT: Actually, on that thought, the feeling of 100% completion is, in my mind, likened to the feeling I get when I look over my old MYST journal, containing notes and entries from previous run-throughs of MYST, Riven, and Exile. And now Revelation, which I'm 75% done with. Just perusing through the old numbers, charts, calculations, etc. is rewarding in that nostalgic kind of way. Anyway, I feel the same when I think back to getting 100 Gold Skulltulas or all the trophies in The Minish Cap and other stuff.

I find that the games I would call "fun" are the ones that make me feel the most in control and at the same time I don't have control over anything. Perfect example is ES4: Oblivion (or any ES game for that matter). I can do just about anything I want, but when I go into an Oblivion Gate, or come across something I haven't seen before, I'm a little freaked out. I have so many options, and it all boils down to will I make the right choices to escape?

Excite Truck is the same feeling. I have perfect control of my vehicle. I can drift, jump, speed up, slow down, etc. But as I race, there's other trucks trying to smash me and throw me and all kinds of obstacles getting in my way. The rush comes from the same question, will I make the right decisions to make it through the race?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, simplicity/complexity has very little to do with it. I have just as much fun with a complicated game like Oblivion as I do with a simple game like Excite Truck.

Gee cat man...I didn't know you cared so much. I love smash brothers...because everytime it think i've mastered it, i learn im just a newb. After i played Skypal it made my perspective so much broader.

I don't know what it is about ddr that everyone likes but i sure need to try it.

I too had the zelda pain. I love the game for sure, but i get tired of running through fields, transforming, killing poes, and waiting for scenes to complete themselves.

Everyone hates the word "FUN" in this post...bunch of fun haters.

I think one of the greatest appeals of SSB:Melee is the simplicity of the controls - not a lot of options, subsequently easier to make rapid decisions. A counterexample, perhaps, would be Soul Calibur 2 - lots of combinations, but button-pressing won't get you anywhere, so it's a more expert-level play. But while enjoyable, not as engrossing as SSBM, I'd argue.

Agree? Disagree?

I don't know if id go with simple. You can do alot in smash brothers. It also takes a while to master what you can do aswell. Its simple on the ouside, complicated once you understand it

I don't know if id go with simple. You can do alot in smash brothers. It also takes a while to master what you can do aswell. Its simple on the ouside, complicated once you understand it

I dunno - sometimes I think you guys are giving Smash Bros. too much credit. I'm no expert myself, having accumulated probably somewhere in the ballpark of only 100 hours of SSB:M in my life (I don't own a GC), but I still understand the principle of every move and how to execute it. I'm not great and I can't pull it off every time, but I know every combination.

Soul Calibur (2)? Not so much. I can study up on (GameCube's) Link, Taki, Talim, and Maxi's movelists, but even after a complete session I'm still only done with half of their stances and subsequent moves, etc. The movelists in that game are so extensive and not necessarily intuitive, like in Smash Bros.

So, suffice to say that, while I'm not disagreeing that Smash Bros. has a depth to it that makes it a very very engrossing skill-based party game, it will never have the complexity of the likes of Soul Calibur, and consequently I find Smash Bros. to be more my type of game because of it.