Tim Follin: Dirge for the Follin - Musician Recruitment

Liontamer

Guy gets his muzak used at E3 and he carries himself like a pimp daddy. Welcome aboard. I'll hit you up regarding refinements to the arrangement, but yours is a very solid base so far, and of course really catchy. Great treatment of the Spider-Man theme. Thanks for joining up!

• 2 weeks later...

... Well, I was working on a track for this....

I got a new laptop

Sister stole old laptop, with all my music source files

I am now sitting here while she keeps refusing to give it back to me, claiming that I dont need it now that I have a new laptop.

*sigh*

family....

Production skills have gone up a notch recently, really interested in getting back into this peice, will provide an update when I get my files back or when I relise the futility of the situation and start from scratch (mabey on a another song... oooo...)

• 2 weeks later...
Just thought I owed it to you guys to officially say, I may not be able to remix Gambit. I just haven't had the time, & the few times I did try, I didn't have any good ideas.

S'ok David, but if you feel like you have free time, let me know if you'd like to have some themes run by you to see if anything clicks with you. Feel free to name a style you'd wanna go for, and myself and CHz may be able to offer something.

That goes for anyone who's on the fence!

Justin, I will get back to you with comments on both tracks ASAP, hopefully before the FF7 project release monopolizes my time.

Mattias, any comments regarding the Storm WIP?

Mattias, any comments regarding the Storm WIP?

I'm not sure I'm sticking with the same track. I find it very hard to flesh out more and my initial arrangement just isn't up to par with my current skill..

expect a complete rework or a new track

I stand by that statement. We'll see how much time I have on my hands though. Getting magfest cash, learning soundengineering, going to school, having a girlfriend really takes up time.

Hopefully I'll find another of Follin's (EXCELLENT!!!) songs that I get more inspired by.

I hope it's okay

I stand by that statement. We'll see how much time I have on my hands though. Getting magfest cash, learning soundengineering, going to school, having a girlfriend really takes up time.

Hopefully I'll find another of Follin's (EXCELLENT!!!) songs that I get more inspired by.

I hope it's okay

In the case that you feel compelled to drop Storm, I would say try to do what you can to give it an ending, because I thought what was in place was great, and very creative.

Hey Larry,

Just realized that you're allowing multiple remixes for each song. I made this track last minute for PRC100 (I think I made it the night before). Is it worthy? Feedback to make it better? :)

Also, PM'd with updated other track.

Uncanny Orchestra - Not really feeling the drum sounds in the intro, later brought back at 1:43. The snare doesn't fit the texture of the orchestration, plus the drums are somehow just as or more prominent than the brass harmonies. I'd examine some more orchestral mixes and see how the percussion work compares to yours, both in tone and volume.

Beyond that, obviously the composition itself is only in the intro stages, so more writing ideas will show up, and the drums would hopefully end up being more varied, since this was a quick WIP as you said.

Some random ideas. Think of a way to incorporate or interpret the Spider-Man bassline from :03 and :24 of the SPC

Don't be afraid to grab other ideas from the Spider-Man & X-Men soundtrack now that you're outside of PRC100 and this WIP isn't locked into anything. Stuff like :15 of the Title theme, :08 of Briefing, :26-:42 of Cyclops, the string synth from :08-:31 of Gambit, could be pretty interesting given an orchestral take.

You could also explore other Follin soundtracks and go outside the box. Why not give Wolverine by Geoff Follin a look as well (e.g. Track 23).

Ride the Sky - Obviously, this sounds closer to completion. Bassline at 1:06 should be bumped up. It's not audible and plays 0 factor after 1:11 once more instruments come in. Better at 1:45 though.

I thought the dynamic change at 1:45 wasn't as effective in the execution as the writing intended. Can't put my finger on it, but I'll hit some Js for feedback; there's something about the texture of the brass with the drums that doesn't quite feel right.

The brass sample still lacks in realism, though the sequencing is ok AFAIK. Perhaps listen to DZComposer's material to hear what he may be doing differently than you. It's not bad though. Better changeups at 2:21 and 3:10. Lemme see what more I can dig out of some colleagues to help you refine this.

S'ok David, but if you feel like you have free time, let me know if you'd like to have some themes run by you to see if anything clicks with you. Feel free to name a style you'd wanna go for, and myself and CHz may be able to offer something.

If i get some time where I'm not doing anything else, I'll let you guys know! I still want to be part of this.

Now this is hardly an A-level article or anything like that, but I've spent much of the past day significantly beefing up Follin's Wikipedia entry. I combed through just about every meaningful interview I could find with Follin - text, video and audio. What a difference a day makes.

Hopefully others will continue to work on the article with more information, as well as tightening up the formatting.

Now this is hardly an A-level article or anything like that, but I've spent much of the past day significantly beefing up Follin's Wikipedia entry. I combed through just about every meaningful interview I could find with Follin - text, video and audio. What a difference a day makes.

Hopefully others will continue to work on the article with more information, as well as tightening up the formatting.

Awesome work, Lo-ji Man! I'm going to have to meet with you and CHz sometime soon and see what mixes you've received so far, and which ones are making the cut. I haven't been keeping track since after that Follin DoD.

• 2 weeks later...