Citris

This movie stomped asses. Lots of them. If somebody can pull off Ronin now (good luck, that graphic novel was bizarre,) I'll give a pause before I ever talk shit about the movie industry again.

As for a serious critique of the film; the only real beef I had was that so much emphasis was placed on the Spartans fighting for freedom, when in fact they were terribly oppressive autocrats historically. This might have been the case in the graphic novel, but either way, it's a little off kilter with reality. That having been said, the movie did great if one allows for that.

And you were perfectly clean shaven everywhere else on your body and you mysteriously were drenched in sweat, and dirt covered your man boobs; your biceps had grown larger then your girlfriend's head...and your stylin' 8-pack stomache was showing because your shirt was ripped off and you felt the uncomfortable feeling of wearing a leather man thong. But you didn't mind because you found an Asian/middle eastern/mutant looking person in the parking lot and stabbed him with the pointed stick you made.

Holy shit...how did you know????

That being said, this movie was so awesome. I haven't seen this good a movie in the theaters in a while. It was kind of artsy, and I think that I could've done without the flying head, but other than that I felt exactly like the above description. I wanted to go out and fight some hordes right there. I just love how the Persians brought wooden sheilds in the first part. I laughed so hard when they stabbed straight through that one guy's. And damn did Leonidious have the most insane smile I have ever seen...so beautiful.

Did anyone else have a bit of a hard time at first seeing the guy that played Van Helsing's sidekick as a Spartan?

Would I go see it again? Hell yeah! Would I buy it on DVD? Hell Yeah! Now...where are those damn hordes.

I was left speechless after seeing the movie (in a good way). This film has easily captured a spot in my top 5 favorites of all time. I did find it funny how the Spartans seemed to be clean of the Persian's blood in most of the scenes, although they were opening people up left and right. Nevertheless, that didn't even take anything away from the awesomeness of the movie. Frank Miller is a genius.

i thought the movie was incredibly fun to watch, it's very beautiful to look and the battles are very intense, which (in this rare case) makes up for the lack of story and character development

anyway, i was rewatching the second trailer for the movie, and i can't figure out what song they use halfway through the trailer....... so if anyone can identify it for me....

Heh, it's definitely not for everyone.

Kinda like Reno 911!: Miami?

I watched in horror as these two women brought a bunch of what looked like 6-8 year-old girls to that movie... :-(

For the record, all dozen plus folks that I went with the past two times had nothing short of an orgasm after seeing 300. I'll probably wait a while until I see it for a third time.

anyway, i was rewatching the second trailer for the movie, and i can't figure out what song they use halfway through the trailer....... so if anyone can identify it for me....

They used Nine Inch Nails' "Just Like You Imagined" for one trailer (only trailer?). Maybe that's the one.

EDIT: The other song would be Brand X's "Hearts of Fire". The NIN song is from the "teaser", the BX one is fron the "trailer". Not sure which is which.

at first i thought it was a bowling movie... lawl

but i saw it, it was quite epic!

although not as horribly gory as everyone told me it was going to be. ranked up there with SinCity (i wonder why) but there has been gorier and less stylized movies already so i don't know what the big deal is.

great movie and doesn't mess with history that much. good flick, i heartily recommendment, but not for the whole family.

Saw it in IMAX yesterday.

What a movie. :D

Favorite parts were the main character breaking the phalanx and owning a dozen guys in slow motion and the 2 guys doing the exact same thing 30 minutes later.

Same here. Fucking amazing scenes.

One of my largest complaints with a lot of great actions movies has been what I call "shakey camera syndrome". During a lot of action scenes the camera will pan and shake so fast you can barely see what's going on. Sure it makes everything seem a lot faster than it is, but I'm the kind of person who actually enjoys seeing what the hell is going on. I was more than happy to find this movie does the exact oppisite. It was like a 2 hour highlight reel.

I wish more americans would have the same pride the spartans had. Like, if everyone would just walk around all day thinking "Holly shit we kick ass!"

I was thinking something more along the lines of throwing the failures off a cliff or leaving them in the wilderness/Alabama to fend for themselves.

One of my largest complaints with a lot of great actions movies has been what I call "shakey camera syndrome". During a lot of action scenes the camera will pan and shake so fast you can barely see what's going on. Sure it makes everything seem a lot faster than it is, but I'm the kind of person who actually enjoys seeing what the hell is going on. I was more than happy to find this movie does the exact oppisite. It was like a 2 hour highlight reel.

I was thinking something more along the lines of throwing the failures off a cliff or leaving them in the wilderness/Alabama to fend for themselves.

i didn't notice that, one movie that did have that was The Bourne Identity 2 boy so much movement, and all i knew was two guys were beating the hell outta each other. didn't notice that with 300.