Citris

I went and saw it again last night. I was still as pumped at the end as I was the first time. Also it got more standing ovations at the end from the crowd. I really can't wait for this to come out on DVD.

And on the point of historical accuracy:

I think that really went out the window with the RE4-style boss battles that they inserted. And Mr. Goathead.

Although my fiance did some research on the subject when we got home and apparently most of the lines in the movie were quotes from the real Leonidas that <insert greek philosopher here> wrote down. I can't remember details because I was half asleep when she was telling me.

Although my fiance did some research on the subject when we got home and apparently most of the lines in the movie were quotes from the real Leonidas that <insert greek philosopher here> wrote down. I can't remember details because I was half asleep when she was telling me.

Herodotus?

Yeah, I was surprised the "come and take them" line was actually historically accurate (wiki "molon labe")

Am I the only one who was puzzled as to why Sparta had a bottomless pit in the center?

what really puzzles me is how the persians didnt see the giant hole to begin with.

but yeah my best friend just got back from marine corps boot camp and wanted to see 300 because he heard sooooo much about how badass it is. so yeah i saw for the 3rd and a half time. still pretty good 3rd time around but the "gore" isnt so amazing after watching grindhouse.

I went to see this with a few buddies - we were all on the verge of a) crying man-tears and B) giving a Spartan battleshout along with the Spartans. We did so outside, where I proved I was the only one who could actually muster a voice powerful enough to deliver.

Also, the asian bloke with us declared "Gentlemen, see that poster over there?" pointing to a 300 poster, "Yeah, it won't be here by the time the movie's finished."

We found it, and him, in the bushes across the road afterwards - he then proceeded to run approximately two miles home with it under his arm. It was hilarious.

Also, movie was awesome.