TNMT4 - WasteBoarding --is it ready?

Like everyone has said, good mix.

The drums are spot on in their sequencing, however, I do not like the sound of them.

The samples you're using are just fine, but it sounds like you've got a filter or some kind of phaser on them and it's bringing the high overtones out so loud that it's almost uncomfortable for my ears. I think you need to tone whatever effect is on them down a bit. I hear it more on the cymbals, including the high-hat. I hope I'm not the only one who hears this.

This may be written somewhere in this post, but I'm gonna ask anyway. What program are you using for this?

The arrangement is amazing. just wow!!!

There are a few sample quality issues, drums in particular. But other then that, this is damn nice. I love the voice samples and The "Pizza Time" section from 2:05-2:43 just plain licks ass!

If not for the drums and that'crunchy' background guitar heard thru most of the song, this is, in my opinion definity read for an ocr submit.

Ryan

I saw the new TMNT movie at the midnight showing earlier today, and this just makes my day even better.

There is only one thing that you have to add in here to make it absolutely perfect. You HAVE to add in at or near the end "aaah, shell shock". That would be the perfect ending for this.

Great stuff through and through.

And I am serious about the shell shock part. Add that in and this is pure gold.

Just a little announcement: I'm not dead. Life's been rushed a bit lately, as it is often wont to do, but I'm gonna finish this baby. :) And it'll be good to get back at it with a fresher ear.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone! And Arek: I totally forgot about the shell shock. You're right, it would be perfect, but alas, I'm not exactly savvy in the ways of videogame-sound-effect-ripping-kwan-do-fu...so if anyone can help me out in this facet, that'd be awesome. I'll see if I can find a sweet way of implementing it, because, let's face it: it needs to be done.

and tweek: zircon's right, it's FLstudio7

update coming soon, hopefully...

Haha, yeah, I've been working on this for quite some time now. I don't even remember when I started it. :-?

So, bad news: I couldn't find a shell shock sample. Good news, however: I found a better one. :) I think you'll like it. I also added some pads to the bridge, and fixed a few drum-sequencing anomalies that caught my ear. Also: Leah, the BlockFish is awesome, thanks a million.

...Thank you all. *snifl*

LOL thphbpt

Yeah, anyway, I'm thinkin' its pretty much done, now. Let's hear those final thoughts!

http://marcelliswentz.com/music/chumblespuzz_TMNT4_WasteBoarding_wip.mp3

Submitted! :D

FYI: Applied some final, final adjustments including some minor bass and hi-hat tweaks for the submission version. Also, I changed the title from "WasteBoarding" to "Turd Surfers" to help differentiate it from the other Sewer Surfin' remix already on the site.

Here goes nothin'...

EDIT: I'm such an idiot. Thanks, everyone, for all your input and advice! Especially Leah, zircon, and Snappleman (and BigXer, who provided me with the in-game quotes so many years ago).

Just YESed this bringing it up to 2Y.

Fair warning, so far we both think it's too compressed. Reduce the level of compression, or reduce the pre-compression volume by ~3db. I also suggested lowering the volume on the bass by about 3db.

2Y, sweet! About the compression--I'll get to that as soon as I can, but that may not be until next week, what with all the crunch-time here at work, and Easter to boot. Let it be known that the issue is being/will be addressed! I want this track to rock as hard as it possibly can.

Leah: Thanks, and good luck on yours! (lol, ur plugged)

DJ Tetsusaiga: Thanks! Yeah, I don't know why there aren't more TMNT remixes on this site. Nobody didn't like the old NES/SNES games. :???: And I can't think of a TMNT song I genuinely didn't like. I mean, the Neon Night-Riders music in Turtles in Time was iffy, but I didn't hate it. People need to REPRESENT.

• 1 month later...