XM or Sirius?

Titanium Mouse

Allo

I'm just starting to get on this bandwagon but I knew diddly from the 2 companies.

Can anyone tell me from experience which of the two is worth spending the money on?

So far they seem rather similar from what you see from the sites but any company site will always say "We are the BEST evar!!!"

Yeah, my dad has XM and my mom's boyfriend has Sirius. I prefer XM because there's more channels w/ better music on. XM actually has 4 or 5 electronic/trance/techno channels whereas Sirius only has 1 or 2. A lot more content.

However, Sirius does have some nice features. If you hear a song you like, you can push a button and it will store it. After that, if the song is ever played on another channel that you aren't listening to, the little console will beep and tell you what channel it's being played on so you change to hear it.

If I had to choose, though, I'd pick XM and listen to XM Chill constantly. :)

However, Sirius does have some nice features. If you hear a song you like, you can push a button and it will store it. After that, if the song is ever played on another channel that you aren't listening to, the little console will beep and tell you what channel it's being played on so you change to hear it.

That feature is specific to your player hardware. Not all tuners do that, and some XM players have that feature too, I think.

In any case, I have XM in my car and it's jawesome.

Yeah, my dad has XM and my mom's boyfriend has Sirius. I prefer XM because there's more channels w/ better music on. XM actually has 4 or 5 electronic/trance/techno channels whereas Sirius only has 1 or 2. A lot more content.

If I had to choose, though, I'd pick XM and listen to XM Chill constantly. :)

4or 5 eh?

Well just that alone scores big XM points with me.

Sirius has Howard Stern, NBA, NFL, Nascar, NHL, NCAA basketball, playboy channel, maxim channel, blue collar comedy channel, a bunch of other specialty channels. It has like 100 music channels that are commercial free, i've heard XM has commercials on their music channels (I don't know cause I don't own XM).

But honestly it doesn't really matter which you get, cause once the companies merge you will have everything. All existing subscriptions will be honored.

i've heard XM has commercials on their music channels (I don't know cause I don't own XM).

XM has commercials on something like 3 or 4 music channels because Clear Channel (the shitty normal radio company) happens to control them, and so they're "entitled" to broadcast advertisements on those channels.

Nobody really listens to those "CM" channels anyway.

Sirius has Howard Stern, NBA, NFL, Nascar, NHL, NCAA basketball, playboy channel, maxim channel, blue collar comedy channel, a bunch of other specialty channels. It has like 100 music channels that are commercial free, i've heard XM has commercials on their music channels (I don't know cause I don't own XM).

But honestly it doesn't really matter which you get, cause once the companies merge you will have everything. All existing subscriptions will be honored.

So like I said, aside from the sports, nothing to listen to.