Sunrise after battle - [No Title]

CopiousX

This is for the OCR Thematic Composition competition. It's supposed to follow the theme of Sunrise after dark.

Arising from the ashes of a hard fought skirmish through the night, dawn brings tidings of light, when suddenly mother Sun rises over the mountains. But soon this sight loses its grasp on the fighters as they look ahead to what could be their last day on earth.

This is just one possible interpretation of the flow. But anyway, It would be most appreciated if a few of you could critique it before I submit the song this week.

Link: http://actsanc.googlepages.com/trepid_2.mp3

Thanks!

CopiousX

Let's see...

I'm picturing a battlefield with a whole bunch of dead soldiers, a few dying and a few roaming around. Very creepy...very atmospheric, very movie-scorish.

The piano is a little thin and kinda sticks out. The strings are a little thin too and the attack is a little slow, but thats ok.

I can't really imagine what's happening when the winds come in....and I'm not really seeing the fitting of the sunrise in here, unless the whole thing is what happens when the sun is risen?

Overall..kind of short, a little boring, but very well made on the production side, save a couple things. Should be fun, see you in competition. haha