OCR00683 - Super Mario Bros. "Dirty Mix"

Ginnsu

I'll put it on my site when I get a chance for a short while.

Will post a message when I've done it..

EDIT: here it is.

A remix of the Super Mario Bros - Dirty Mix by Nervous Testpilot.

http://www.nervoustestpilot.co.uk

http://www.brfuk.com/temp/mario_wtf_mix.mp3

An intricate delibrate mangling of filfth. ...and you thought the only wicked/lame thing out of Oxford was Radiohead.

Get it whilst it's hot....won't be there forever.

OK first off, on your first listen to this remix, you will shudder. You can barely hear any Mario in this, but... listen to it 2, or 3, or 872 times (in my case), and you will begin to hear it, and then, you will appreciate this awesome remix. It is so funny, that little kid. I thought he was saying "That's just a five dollar sheet!" at the beginning, but it turns out he's saying "What happened to all our sheep?" Anyway, if you want to heat this crazed behemoth of a remix, please download it. I laughed so hard.

HOWEVER, no offense to anyone but the WTF remix was too much for me. It just felt like a garbled mess to me, I barely heard any Mario at all, I actually almost had a seizure. But somehow it still is worth a download. It's entertaining, that much is for sure. Give both remixes a download and you won't be disappointed. You'll be... frightened. :)

Dirty Remix: 9.5/10

WTF Remix: 7/10

By the way hi! I'm new here, but I've been downloading for a long time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After reading the reviews I feel rather like I do at an art gallery...

Everybody praising something for being bold and daring when I seem to be the only one who sees it as a random mish-mash of nothing in particular that shouldnt be placed anywhere but inside a large furnace.

It sounds like it could be pretty good...and indeed it IS pretty good...

until the three notes on the trumpets play and the whole thing just goes down the pan...

The drum loop hurts my brain. The jumping form various soundfonts are just painful, as is the scratching.

Random sound effects, shrieking and voice loops that have nothing to do with anything are always fun :roll:

Capped all off with insanley loud shrieky samples which sound like nothing but speaker feedback and the whole thing goes from 'sucks' to 'blows' in one fell swoop.

Seriously, this just sounds like something a deaf 6 year old would make in EJay and just....GAH its just so bad...

To quote a famous literary line...

Ten out of ten for trying to break the cliché but minus several million for being a good remix.

• 1 month later...

Here it is. Us doing things live. In a tent. With lots of people watching.

There will be mirrors at a later date.

If you'd like to mirror it please do...my poor little laptop will cry if it has

to do all the work.

http://82.69.9.58/~joepublic/

just download. It's a 6MB quicktime file.

Oh and the girls were playing in the previous tracks and aren't just

there to dance. and stuff. and dancing. and making pies. we make fire.

play keyboards. hunter-gather. MIDI modulate. [stare]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.... *looks at clock* yup... Brave New Waves is on... I think Andrea will like this one. Out of nowhere mixing this up with samples out of everywhere... very much I high quality sound-lab piece... from a guy with a bit too much time on his hands to figure what each knob does. A nice dose of random in every corner.

Hmmm... makes me wanna do a gabber remix of some game music... I'll think of doing a Medal of Honor mix now... :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

hehe... when I heard this remix I was instantly surprised by the use of effects here. Some of which even made me crack up laughing, like the chipmunked Craig David voice sample at 0:31 and the tone-bent piano somewhere in the middle. :lol:

If you wanna wake up so badly and/or have had a bad enough day/week/life already, this is your remedy! :P

• 1 month later...

you just cant go through and pick out every single music sample. theres just too many. it is by far the craziest and funniest song i've heard yet (if anyone knows anything better please redirect me) when i first heard it i was a bit confused. it's like a whole world packed into one music track. the little kids voice was freaking me out a bit. the music transitions in some pieces are so smooth you cant really tell whether it's changing or it was meant to be that way.

it is a kick @ss musical track 4 shizzle.

:twisted: where the heck did baby mario get his damn hat? :twisted:

In the past few days I've gone nuts downloading just about every track possible from ocremix as I've got a week left to a 2 Mb connection. Most of the remixes I found to be slightly above average. A few stuck out as great. And so far, this one has stuck out as horrible. All there is to this is the original SMB song (doesn't appear to be souped up, seems exactly like the orginal) with a bunch of sound clips interjected all over the place in an insane manner. I find this not only lacking in creativity, but also EXTREMELY ANNOYING to listen to. Maybe there's genius later in the track, I don't know, but the first 30 seconds so horrified me I couldn't bear to listen to the rest and I don't plan on it. Try again, guys...

there's just something so insanely fun about this track. i do realize that it takes skill to make such a production fall together as well at this. glitchy breaks are one thing to perfect because even though they sound a bit erratic for most, it's dead on technique.

i do want to hear more like this on OCR. Sounds a bit like kid 606 - juvenile hall rollcall. :D

• 4 months later...

This remix is crazy. But I love it to death.

I only recently found it, too, thanks to a friend of mine. I was at her house when she suddenly remembered it, and asked if I had ever heard it before. I said no, and she offered to play it for me. About ten seconds into it, and after my head exploded the second or third time, I realized how ... genius it was. After all it sounded like they incorporated every single effect they could possibly find, and then sat around screaming "MAKEITLOUDNOW!" and still churned out a completely insane masterpiece.

Needless to say, when I went home I downloaded it myself, and have been a fan ever since.

To hell with conventional songs, if you can make such a mad remix and still have it kick ass, you know you've got this whole business down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll start off by saying that this went ways I wouldn't have thought to take it. Of course, helps to have a team behind you.

I heard this mix through the flash movie. While I love the movie, I'm not sure I'd be too hyper about the music alone. It just... seems like it's missing something, whereas I can listen to FF6's "The Atomizer" without a visual and never needing one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00683 - Super Mario Bros. "Dirty Mix"