OCR00683 - Super Mario Bros. "Dirty Mix"

Ginnsu

Really, I didn't quite know what to think at first. At the time, I downloaded a OCReMix of Saria's song, and after listening to it, unfortunately I was a little sound-blown. Like my mind was put into a blender, the organ noise in it was way way too much! So I thought that this was pretty poopy, too much noise. The next day I played it again because I wanted to weed out the songs I didn't quite like, and couldn't get rid of this one. Too cool! I love the sample from The Little Prince right in the beginning, "What about our sheep!" That's funny as hell! And the scream at :40.

:D Samiril

The first thing I thought about, upon listening to this mix, was.. Turret's Sndrome maybe? I heard the word "sheep", and thought, if sheep were involved, this could be sick. But what she said in reference to the sheep... to me... sounded like the was saying "five dollar".

SO let's recap here.... I thought she said, "FIVE DOLLAR SHEEP!!" in a turett's syndrome-esqe manner. In which was WOULD have been pointlessly funny! But I find now that she said something along the lines of. "What about the sheep"

.... not as funny, I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Hehehe, this still makes me giggle every time I hear "Yeah, yeah noodles...". I don't know why, I just giggle.

First off, I'll just say I had the sound up WAY too loud the first time I listened to it. I'm a bit more immune to it now, but the first time, it almost threw me out of my chair. I love it because it's so spastic. This mix is incredibly insane, so it matches me. I love it. ^^

hey! that was cool! i like it not only for my short attention span, but because noone else had the balls to try it. Then again, maybe noone else could pull it off quite so well! mad props to A Scholar & A Physician.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm performing the Mario thing live again in London on the 22nd September at Plug 'n Play (http://www.gabba.net/) if anyone in the UK fancies coming down (Rich and Binst, you have to come or I'll kill you WITH SOUND).

I think we should do another game remix, but I can't be arsed to start it...in fact, if someone wants me to screw their mix like I did with this one they can send it to me...perhaps.

pj_worldwide@hotmail.com

Anyhew, we should perhaps do that Turtle Power thing at some point???

• 1 month later...

oh my sh****ng jesus christ...that is fantastic.

Well done to all concerned.

I never could have dreamed whilst laying down the first

part of this track that....the shyguy playing the trumpet...

....[sheds a single solitary tear]

sooooo good.

This should bne on the front page...maybe a whole new

section of Overclocked.

Well done. [claps]

[claps some more]

[falls over]

RichBRF

Ello.

Durinthal. What can I say. I'm sure the rest of the performers on the Dirty mix will agree with me on this. That is pretty much exactly what the music would look like. If sounds were visible.

Basically, top work to you and all who worked on the video. I don't know if you've seen this website : www.b3ta.com : How'd you feel if we submitted the video as a link for the news letter? On the plus side, loads of people would see your work and hear our work. On the minus, being featured in the news letter does have the habit of eating up your bandwith with gusto.

This video is definitely the stuff B3ta would go a bundle on. So, whadayasay? Should we tell the world?

Again, muchos gracias for the fantastic vid.

Binster

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm putting together a CD called "StuPid ReMix" (well, that's just what I'm going to end up scribbling in Sharpie on the top) -- basically, all of the VGM remixes I have that are funny, stupid, beyond definition, or otherwise amuse me in some way or another. This one is definitely going on there, no doubt about it. (And right between "Drunken Moogles at a Piano" -- not an OC ReMix, regrettably -- and "8 bit Eighties".)

I don't really have much to add to the commentary on this ReMix -- except that the volume is WAY too high (i.e., excessive to the point of some distortion). As has already been mentioned, I'd love to have a comprehensive list of where all of the samples are originally from, but that'd probably ruin the randomness of it all, wouldn't it? Still, I wouldn't mind knowing whether I'm just insane (a definite possibility) or I really AM hearing "Magi-karp!" in there somewhere...

--Reichu

Great remix, I love it! Pure Mario insanity.

However, I tried to download the "WTF Mix" from the link posted earlier, and it said that rthe file doesn't exist. Can someone re-upload it so that I can download it? I'd really like to listen to it. :D

Hello. Me again. The WTF mix (by Paul Taylor) is as you say down at the moment.

I've requested to Paul Taylor (the mixee) that he gets it up again ASAP

as it's....[pause]....amaaazing. It will really make your head die.

His site is http://www.nervoustestpilot.co.uk and has good free music.

ps - [whisper] their is another mix happening....[/whisper]

• 2 weeks later...

When I first heard this, I thought it was just crazy and I still do. But what really got to enjoy this song is the Super Mario Blitz movie which realy makes this song look crazy. But whats with that kids voice????? :?:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00683 - Super Mario Bros. "Dirty Mix"