*NO* Alex Kidd in Shinobi World 'The Third Attack'

Liontamer

If djpretzel was a full-time judge, he'd probably be the first one to vote on this - LT

Hello there! I am new to OC ReMix, and would be proud of being part of it. Well, with this e-mail I am submitting a song from the third level of the game Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, of the Master System console. My ReMix of the song is called “The Third Attack”, and it contains virtual instruments as well recorded ones, performed by myself and a friend of mine, Fernando Spanghero (you can find more about him: http://www.purevolume.com/fernandospanghero ). I am submitting this with his permission also. So, to summarize everything:

ReMixer Name: Bolsa ( Real name: Bruno Souto Maior )

Name of game ReMixed: Alex Kidd in Shinobi World

Observations: I tried to fill the ID3v2 tags the better I could. Altough I researched, I was not able to find the compositor for this. If you happen to know, please add the information. Thank you.

Programming, Mixing & Bass Guitars by myself. Electric Guitars by Fernando Spanghero.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/vgm/alexkisw.zip - Level 3

Honestly, aside from a few brief sour spots with the harmonies, the electric guitars are the best thing in this mix by far. There's a huge quality disparity between the guitar work and everything else.

The drum programming is extremely repetitive, uninterpretive, bland, quiet, and has 0 power to the tone. Right now, the drums here are just a timekeeper.

The arrangement has VERY little interpretation, copying the structure of the original verbatim. Put some more effort and personal creativity into this. The only reason I'm not giving a NO Override is the guitar solo from 1:55-2:33.

NO

• 2 months later...

busy composition which works on an aesthetic level. Biggest problem I'm hearing is the extreme degree of repetitition. This track consists of about two separate two-bar sectons that repeat ad-naueum. The only break is a fairly kick-ass guitar solo, but this is still over the same repeated riff.

got to do more to vary it up.

NO