Genre remix project

Michaelinnotts

I love OCRemix with a passion that is almost clinical in intensity. Lately I have fed my hunger for remixed video game music goodness by organising songs into genres, so I have techno for work/exercise, ambient for evenings, and so forth.

So here's my request: there have already been remix projects based on video game, but how about a project based on a single theme or genre? Like a 'OCR Goes Techno' or something cheesy like that? I, for one, would like to see such an album be produced and would eat up the result like cheese in a French restaurant.

It's a neat concept, I have a VGPiano, a VGJazz, and a VGRock folder each filled with old VGMix tracks I liked and sorted, obviously, by genre.

The piano and jazz folders, however, had less than an hour each, while the VGRock folder had over four hours.

I think maybe a project that focuses on one of the more overlooked genres would be cool. My ears are a bit tired of anything but the most inspired electronica works. But something that's really different could be refreshing.

Genre's I would like to see:

Modern Rock (w/ lyrics)

Showtunes

Jazz

Folk

I believe that Relics of the Chozo is aimed as an ambient-theme project, where the tracks all flow together throughout the album.

And the upcoming Link's Awakening project is to go like so:

- The genre is restricted to ambient, rock, and orchestral(non-cheesy, please), and preferably, electronic fusion of all three. I hope to have a cohesive mix of songs by way of this genre restriction.

I want this project to be moody and somewhat melancholy. The mood should be fueled by nostalgia. The album would end up being something one might listen to on a rainy day, or while studying. Something peaceful and reflective.

As well as the Blood on the Asphalt project themed to reflect the different cultures that the game featured.

Though I do realized that these aren't "genre specific" as you say, but they might be something else you are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
Joke? What joke? There is no true techno on this site. Electronica abound, but techno? Nada.

I believe most people (as uneducated as they may be :P ) call all forms of electronic music "techno." It used to drive me nuts, but I've become somewhat used to it.

(If you are among the uneducated, you can take a course in electronic music 101 here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music#Genres

Hey, Pi here. Uhh.... I'm running a Boss-Battle themed project. Just so-ya-know, we just shifted gears from a wider range of genres into more rock-oriented content. Yeah...

But I would abso-fucking-lutely kill for some ragtime, Big Band, or Jazz stuff. Roaring 20's, so on and so forth. Harlem Renaissance, etc...