OCR00687 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Simian Symphony: Part 1"

Saunders

Whoo...that was great and relaxing. Almost felt like I was at a symphony or something. Yep, not that bad, putting in the title song, the ice theme, and the boss theme all in one (What are the names again for those tracks!). Nice job, though my favorites from Proticity is Assembly Line Apparations!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Interesting. 3 parts to this one. First one deals with some intro and earlier levels. Sounds a lot like what you might hear for pirate music. The middle is a bit slower and deals with... an ice level? Anyway, the third part is the boss stage and leads up to the end, which is extremely good in 05:25-36. Love the Remix. Yes, you know the rest. Good work Protricity!

Yeah im trying to figure out the parts in the track..

The intro from 0.00 to 1.04 - seems to the backing of the " Klubba " theme sounds like something else is over the top of it, but i maybe wrong, the trumpet is defently playing the Klubba theme.

from 1.05 to 1.33 is the whole Klubba theme.

from 1.34 to 4.10 could be 2 songs mixed into 1, im not 100% sure, and im really not sure which song(S) they are, one sounds like the " Ice " level theme, but i really cant say for sure.

4.14 to 5.10 - is my second most fav track form the game - the boss music this is a stunning great remix in the track i cant stop listening to it, espically the part where the kettle drum does like a cluster strike instead of 1. brillaint

from 5.10 till end - i have no idea which song this was, i dont think its the game over or the ending credits thou it sounds like it is.

Top notch work Protricity, any chance u tell us which music tracks it really was :D please hehe

My mind is a bit foggy on this one, so lets see.

The whole first section is the title theme. Yes, klubba's theme is in it, but it is definately the title theme (with lots of originality and variation)

Second theme is ice.

Third theme is battle theme, then after it goes into some chords that brings the song back to the ice theme for a few seconds before finishing with some really annoying resonnant harp notes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Protricity actually goes orchestral, ah, thank you.

This is stuff that I would listen over agian and again and again and you get the picture...

It´s also great that Pro sticks to DKC2 with his remixes, soon there aren´t a track that´s not yet remixed. Anyway, for the mix, tremendously good with a whole buch of instruments, for every song change there are always changes in the instrumentpad. From the majestic philharmonic in the beginning to the quiet and noble harp at 1:38, that later gets company by a trumpet and a foreign stringinstrument. And then the rhytm changes again to the dark and evil K.Krool theme with some real good drums, strings and trombones I presume. The choice of the songs were great, "In a snow-bound land" sounds very beautiful with the harp and piano.

Protricity´s greatest orchestral ever, may be that this is his ONLY orchestral but that doesn´t mean that it sucks. FAR from it.

Great piece Pro-dude. 8)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2:35 - 2:58 causes chills to go up and down my spine.

Wow... 10/10

I'd like to add that 2:58 - 3:46 has this same effect on me. I've had this remix for a long time, but I guess I never listened to it up until 2 months ago while I was driving around and this song came up. Ever since, it's been one of my favorites!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow, this reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest soundtrack except filtered though Donkey Kong Country 2.

I also like how the mix is literally broken up into three "Acts". Sure it disrupts the flow of the mix overall, but it really adds to the experience that you're listening to this performed live, imo.

I really like this as a concept piece and like the orchestral arrangements. Very nice and recommended.

My only complaint is that since this is part 1, where's part 2? :<

• 1 month later...

Sweet! I'm loving how this goes into three parts. It's almost like three Remixes in one! I can kinda hear the POTC stuff everyone else is talking about in my favorite part, the Boss Bossanova mix. From 4:14 to the end is just simply epic. It gave me chills. My only complaint is the echoing chime-like guitars in the Ice part of the mix. Not too keen on them. But then again, the positives completely outweigh my one small gripe. Right on, Prot! (I'm not even gonna bother asking about Pt. 2. If he does it, he does it.)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00687 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Simian Symphony: Part 1"