Trenthian goes to Jail, Hilarity ensues!

Trenthian

Hey ya'all.

I woke up today to find a mailing leaflet under my door.

It was from the Inglewood superior courthouse near my Job in El Segundo CA.

It says that I failed to appear in court.

I owe CA 1462 dollars for bail. My Drivers license is on hold.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!

I call the Court, and a fix it I recieved bk in april which I thought I took care of, is the root of this evil.

A 10 dollar processing fee, and proof of registration and insurance, that I thought I took care of ended up going from the fix it to a Failure to appear...

Any suggestions on what to do?

Well, here's my two cents.

Treat this as if you actually failed to appear. Be prepared to pay the fines, and for God's sake, show up in court. This will ensure that things won't get worse. Then, explain your situation to the judge, and pray the judge is understanding. If the judge is nice, you might get away with much less, however, if the judge is a prick, you're ponying up some cash.

In court: wear a suite and tie, at least a tie. Address the judge as "your honor" not "mam" or "sir". They should have attempted to contact you via some mechanism about your failure to appear prior to this indicent - try to figure out from their records office whether they sent you something or not. Perhaps it got lost in the mail, legitimately.

In court: wear a suite and tie, at least a tie. Address the judge as "your honor" not "mam" or "sir". They should have attempted to contact you via some mechanism about your failure to appear prior to this indicent - try to figure out from their records office whether they sent you something or not. Perhaps it got lost in the mail, legitimately.

QFE.

10char