My MIDI keyboard has decided to annoy me to death

I bought it only a few months ago. And already, something has gone wrong with it. It's an M-Audio Keystation 88es. And now, middle C and the D right beside it seem to have forgotten what velocity-sensitive means. No matter how softly I press them the result is the same, a note blasted at maximum velocity. If I record into my track there are a bunch of spikes in velocity whenever I hit the C or the D. And forget playing any music on it - unless I choose pieces in which you never hit middle C or D. It is not a problem with USB or connectivity, it does this with the MIDI output as well. It is definitely a problem with the keyboard. Every other key is fine. It used to happen only half the time when pressing them, not it happens all the time. Any ideas?

Unfortunately most MIDI controllers don't exactly have the best quality components in them :(

If you can't get it fixed under warranty, I say pop that bitch open and see if you can spot the problem. If you can figure out how to get the key sensor off you might be able to order a replacement part from M-Audio. This usually requires phone work; manufacturers (annoyingly) tend not to sell that sort of thing on the internet.

If you can't find replacement parts, you might be able to switch the key sensors out with less important ones, like the bottom A and Bb.

Just don't get too far in over your head if you can't afford to buy a new one. It also might help to check around places like harmony central or the M-Audio forums (if they exist :P) and see if someone's got the same problem as you.

Oh, and make sure you don't have it setup with some crazy 2-note keyboard zone that has disabled velocity sens :P