Megaman X - Thrash Eagle (working title)

I've been wanting to do a heavier version of the Storm Eagle theme for quite some time, but I wanted to take the time and make sure I did it justice, at least in my opinion :P

I've been playing Metalcore for years now, first in Psycho Scapegoat then in The Great Showdown (http://www.myspace.com/thegreatshowdown), and I wanted to take some of the themes I learned there and apply it.

This is the current version. I'm still debating on how to incorporate the main melody of the theme, but I wanted to focus on the 2 main guitars first. All guitars I recorded myself, synthed the bass and drums, but once the composition is complete I will record the bass. I would greatly appreciate any critique on the composition so far, in addition to any mixing ideas/suggestions, as I am new to self-recording :P

http://scapegoat.selfip.com/thrasheagle.mp3

if the link does not work for any reason, please contact me at psychoscapegoat@hotmail.com

Im not a huge fan of metalcore, but this sounds pretty good in my opinion. I think u have a good amount of variation, and the song carries a lot of energy, despite not having a whole lot of volume-dynamics. You arrangement is very good, I would only suggest refining some of ur drum set. In particular, the cymbals/ride at the middle on the song sould like the have way too little attack to me, though again, this is purely subjective. Good job overall.