whats the deal, no hip hop?

earliani

:banghead:

First off, I love techno don't get me wrong. But I'm a rapper who writes music. For some reason ( maybe I'm not "re-mixing" ) I cant get any love from the judges. Please some one point out what I'm screwin' up on or tell me that I'm not crazy to think hip hop beats are gettin' the shaft! Feel free to email me at earliani@yahoo.com.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SNuc0293F56

I'm a rapper who writes music.

I was expecting rapping. I demand rapping.

Ahem. So, I like to think that I'm down with the hop of the hip variety. Only listened to it forever and analyzed it a thousand times. My critique and subsequent direction will vary based on what kind of rap sound you were going for, though. So...yeah. What were you going for? 90's rap? New rap? Somewhere between the two?

:banghead:

First off, I love techno don't get me wrong. But I'm a rapper who writes music. For some reason ( maybe I'm not "re-mixing" ) I cant get any love from the judges. Please some one point out what I'm screwin' up on or tell me that I'm not crazy to think hip hop beats are gettin' the shaft! Feel free to email me at earliani@yahoo.com.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SNuc0293F56

Waaaaaay too much reverb on the snare/clap... I think it's a snare, but the reverb makes it hard to tell. Overall "hip hop beat" is really really dull, dry, boring, simplistic; pick one. Not trying to sound negative, just being honest. There's absolutely no groove, funk, or motion. There's really not much about your loop sequencing that makes it really stand out or qualify as hip hop. Granted, I don't listen to that much hip hop. But I'm just trying to picture rap lyrics, or perhaps imagine this theme being played at a club... and it's... just... not... working...

There's also a substantial amount of clipping--that's gotta go. Pretty careless production at this point. Need to address that. The main thing I would suggest are completely rebuilding your drum loops from the ground up. Kill the reverb. Pay attention to the volume on individual one-shots. Good luck.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SGu32bJXuH6< try this out

HAHAHA and your right on another thing, your not listenin' to much of it. Your serious about it doesn't "qualify" as hip hop; anything with a drum and someone talkin' over it qualifies as hip hop lol! "I would suggest are completely rebuilding" your vocabulary.

a.k.a. all your base are belong to us. LOL

Indeed. I'm trying to figure out what the hell you yourself just said. And apparently I'm the first person you've ever come across that's typed out a grammatic error. I wish you luck in the realization that it'll probably happen many, many, many times again in the future. Not only with me, but plenty of other people.

As far as your song, I'm not sure if you're being serious, or even how to make complete sense of your response, so I'm not really sure what kind of a reply to give to what you just said. If you're trying to belittle me or what I said, then whatever. If you're just making jokes in good fun, then cool.

As far as your track is concerned, as not only a judge but a fellow musician (whether or not I listen to extensive amounts of hip hop or not), I'm just simply telling you why you're track is not very good at this point, and some measures that might be taken to help it out at this point. Do what you will with that information. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, either way.

And again, whether it "qualifies" or not, I repeat myself:

I'm just trying to picture rap lyrics, or perhaps imagine this theme being played at a club... and it's... just... not... working...

this would be "simply telling you why" my "track is not very good at this point, and some measures that might be taken to help it out"

Too much reverb on the snare/clap. Overall "hip hop beat" is really really dull, dry, boring, simplistic, ect. Not trying to sound negative, just being honest. There's absolutely no groove, funk, or motion. Although I don't listen to that much hip hop, I think there's really not much about your loop sequencing that makes it really stand out or qualify as hip hop. I'm just trying to picture rap lyrics, or perhaps imagine this theme being played at a club... and it's... just... not... working...

There's also a substantial amount of clipping--that's gotta go. Pretty novice production at this point, you need to address that. The main thing I would suggest are completely rebuilding your drum loops from the ground up. Kill the reverb. Pay attention to the volume on individual one-shots. Good luck.

but, If you're trying to belittle me or what I DO, then whatever. If you're just making jokes and normally a prick, then its cool.

this would be "simply telling you why" my "track is not very good at this point, and some measures that might be taken to help it out"

Too much reverb on the snare/clap. Overall "hip hop beat" is really really dull, dry, boring, simplistic, ect. Not trying to sound negative, just being honest. There's absolutely no groove, funk, or motion. Although I don't listen to that much hip hop, I think there's really not much about your loop sequencing that makes it really stand out or qualify as hip hop. I'm just trying to picture rap lyrics, or perhaps imagine this theme being played at a club... and it's... just... not... working...

There's also a substantial amount of clipping--that's gotta go. Pretty novice production at this point, you need to address that. The main thing I would suggest are completely rebuilding your drum loops from the ground up. Kill the reverb. Pay attention to the volume on individual one-shots. Good luck.

but, If you're trying to belittle me or what I DO, then whatever. If you're just making jokes and normally a prick, then its cool.

dude. what. the. hell. learn to take criticism. shit man.

Well, I listened to whatever it was you posted in the very first post. And to be perfectly, there is absolutely nothing special about that track...at all. It's just...not good. Sounds like something that would be in a very poorly made fan-game of Mario or something. Just very boring to listen to. Nothing changes at all.

So, I don't know what to tell you to make it better. But, uh...good luck. >.>

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=SGu32bJXuH6< Try this out.

HAHAHA, and you're right on another thing: you're not listenin' to much of it. You're serious about it doesn't "qualify" as hip hop. Anything with a drum and someone talkin' over it qualifies as hip hop lol! "I would suggest are completely rebuilding" your vocabulary.

A.K.A. All your base are belong to us. LOL

This would be "simply telling you why" my "track is not very good at this point, and some measures that might be taken to help it out."

But, if you're trying to belittle me or what I DO, then whatever. If you're just making jokes and normally a prick, then its cool.

For someone with little to no grammar and punctuation, you sure are a stickler for it.

Also, hip hop is a little bit more than just a drum and talking. At that point a lot of monk, chant, African tribal, Asian religious, etc, etc, qualifies as hip hop.

But since this is a WiP thread:

Your song was over five minutes long, but only had about two minutes of listening before I got bored of hearing the exact same thing over and over again. In my opinion your bass and lead sounds are atrocious. Well, I think most of your sounds are bad. The chime/mallet sound is neat, and the ping too, but otherwise... I don't hear any lyrics, which is kind of key for your genre.

But what do I know, right?

Dudes, this has to be a joke... right?

If it's not, you need to up your production level.

But I'm pretty sure you're just joking... right?

No dice? Better off flipping burgers, etc? <3 Mustin

I'm with BGC here. You could use some work, and you could learn to take criticism. You came out here expecting what? Masturbatory ego stroking? Endless praise?

OK look I got fuity loops 3 and sound forge I'm a caveman. (I didn't even know how to put the song on the post) All I wanted was feedback on what I need to do, not a pwning from a couple douches on this message board. But since everyone is enjoying big giant circlular balls, now I'm gettin some actual feedback -

everyone thinks it sucks - and its cool