OCR00691 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Love Hurts"

orkybash

Sonic the Hedgehog 'Love Hurts'

Again, the download system is broken as I write this, but I wanted to get the review system working for the mix. but it's by djp, so it's gotta be good, right? ;) I'll edit this with an actual review once I get to hear the mix.

Edit: OK, now that I've had a chance to listen, I must say I really like this one. For all djp's strength at upbeat action-music-gone-technofunk style, I think his real brilliance lies in more subdued songs, and this mix of his id definitely one of those songs. Love the disco-esqueness here, as it's something we don't see too often on this site. If I were you, I would stop reading right here and download it.

It is a pretty damn good mix, but I don't really get the title "Love Hurts". Is DJP in love? Did he get dumped? It's so out of the blue. But at least the music is pretty good. Sounds like disco (DJP LOOOOOOVES disco) but he doesn't overdo it. A good listen of the stage 2 theme, one that hasn't been mixed until now (that I can recall, anyway).

You know how some songs just sounds like the original with a few extra beats, this is not one of them. This is one of those songs that makes you look long and hard at your life. Well maybe just for me anyway. This remix expands the original Marble Zone theme to a new level takes it beyond. At this point, the song has already been played twenty times in my ears. I strongly recommend this one!

marble.jpg

I really like this! It's a really good remake of the Marble Zone music. I havn't played Sonic 1 on the Genesis that much, but anyway this is good.

I especially like the song when it reaches 2"15, where the tones gets higher...

I would like to hear a remix of Sonic 1 for Master System in the future.

Keep up the good work.

W00ty!! DJP's debut Sonic mix!! I love it! I'm not really sure where to start... it's has a great overall synth sound with is mainly thanks to the added effects and not the elements themselves. I like the drum set he's used, it sounds very nightclubby, the kind of thing you'd hear walking past a jazz club late at night. Everything works well with itself, good solid track. Wicked!

~ LeeBro

WELL. This is really something. I had originally talked to DJP a few nights ago in #ocremix and he told me about the bassline he was working on, and it sounds really nice. The whole song has a great feel to it. Sort of reminds me of the classic rock of the late 70s combined with a bit of discoy funk. VERY awesome groove throughout the whole thing and the bass has moments when it sounds like it's soloing. You can tell lots of time was spent on it. The organ sounds absolutely incredible. I mean, THIS IS LIKE AN ENTIRELY NEW SONG. It's great. I love it.

I give it 100%

This is one of those songs that makes you look long and hard at your life. Well maybe just for me anyway.

Not quite, probably just for you...But hey, love the mixage, probably not my favorite of DJP's mixage, but def. worth a listen and will be on my playlist, for sure. Sounds to me like DJP put a few 'moog' sounds in there and a lot of wah, and sounds great. :D

Goid damny monkey shiz.

This is fucking awesome.

Definitely one of the best mixes on the site.

djp's 2nd best mix all the way.

If you don't appreciate this, then get the fudge out. This is incredible and makes a lot of people look stupid.

Damnation!

Damn right. But which mix is djp's 1st best?

OMG this song is off the HOOK! I was totally feeling the 70's r&b/hiphop vibe to this. And I tell you I thought i'd never thought i'd hear such an impressive remix to that marble zone tune. At 1:38 and 3:38, I was reminded of that Michael Jackson song, "Smooth Criminal". (most noticably the 1st stage in the Genesis game "moonwalker".

This song is so soft and beautiful, yet has the flavor to keep my body moving. (1:58 - beautiful)

Download this song now, Yo!

Damn...I've been listening to this song nonstop for about 20 minutes now...incredible.

This is the kind of song which defines OC Remix, 10 out of 10 DJP, mad awesome. And I like the title, goes along with the moodish tone set in the music. The parts like around 1:10 really make the song for me.

(Heh, only my second post, been reading these damn forums forever yet this is only my second post. Go figure.)

I started streaming this into my player. listened and started thinking "I like this... sounds very... blue?" then it hit 0:34 and I recognized the song and my immediate thought was "OMG... download" cuz its just not one of those songs you listen to once and say "yeah." Now I may pleasure taking in listening from my very own hard drive times many with super delight hardcore!.... well something like that.

as noted above.. makes me look stupid.

DjPretzel once again blesses us with his wicked skillz. I've probably listened to this song a hundred times over by now. A nice feel throughout the tune, the melody has been well fixed and sounds great. If Sega ever remakes Sonic 1, this tune should replace the original Marble Zone theme. If you listen to the drum part, maybe a bit sharp sounding, but you'd hardly notice because the rest of the tune sounds so good. This could easily be Pretzel's best mix yet. An excellent effort, once again making me jealous I can't play keyboard that well. WELL DONE MR PRETZEL!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00691 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Love Hurts"