Your Largest Katamari

Decoy Octopus

I was just playing some We <3 Katamari with a friend of mine. We managed to role, to my delight, a katamari 3478 meters in size. This shattered my previous record by much more than a kilometer.

Now I'm wondering what's the biggest katamari everyone has rolled. Doesn't matter which game: Katamari Damacy, We <3 Katamari, or Me & My Katamari.

Remember, the bigger your katamari, the bigger your e-peen!

This thread seems to be as good a place to ask as any. Living in Europe, I never got the chance to play the original Katamari Damacy. Would importing it before playing We <3 Katamari be a good idea, or are they similar enough for it not to matter?

just played through Katamari Damacy and started We <3 Katamari the other day. I'd say play the original one first, because the sequels story is somewhat of a play off of the original (hard to explain). Not that the story really makes any sense anyway (god I love teh cut scenes from We <3 Katamari) Both games are easily worth it with their "budget" prices.

I rolled up a 8000-something meter Katamari on Katamari Damacy. Not lying.

Uh...you sure? Cause...I rolled up EVERYTHING [as in I spent a good 2 minutes or so at the end rolling in an empty ocean] and got...well, lemme check...

Katamari Damacy: 879m22cm

I think you added an extra digit. Honest mistake.

e: no, this wasn't in eternal mode. i don't think those scores even save, since you have to quit instead of actually finishing.

We <3 Katamari: 3634m58cm5mm

^ FYI, the way to get the biggest is not rolling around a lot at the end, but to pick up everything you can while you are little. When you upgrade in size a lot of the smaller stuff you missed will just disappear. As in when you pick up a house, you just get a house, not all the junk inside too, or any of the little stuff and the ground near it. The key is to take it SLOW.

Also, I'd suggest playing the games in order. I ultimately like the second one better, but they are both pretty short games so you might as well just work through them one at a time. If you are planning to play them both (which you should!) play the first one first. The way the grade you up gradually in size in the first one really is cool, whereas after the "wow" factor wears down a bit, the second game has a lot more cool levels and fun stuff to do. The first game does have one advantage of having a "free" mode where you can just roll around without any time limits. Not sure why they took that out of the second game. Maybe to make getting records more challenging and adding some game play time that way, but it would be nice to be able to have a free mode after you get to some pre-set size that's very difficult to get or get all the special scores or something.

^ FYI, the way to get the biggest is not rolling around a lot at the end, but to pick up everything you can while you are little. When you upgrade in size a lot of the smaller stuff you missed will just disappear. As in when you pick up a house, you just get a house, not all the junk inside too, or any of the little stuff and the ground near it. The key is to take it SLOW.

Like WesPip, I think the biggest katamari I ever managed in the original game was 870-something.

Would picking up all the little things still account for a 7000m discrepancy?

Like WesPip, I think the biggest katamari I ever managed in the original game was 870-something.

Would picking up all the little things still account for a 7000m discrepancy?

Oh, no, I also think he made a typo, I'm just talking about the general strategy for getting big. Rolling around the empty ocean as a huge katamari won't make you any bigger, but making sure to get all the stuff you can pick up while you are little WILL make a difference.

Yeah my bad. I haven't played in a while. It was around 800 something. Still pretty good. I wanted to get everything but thats hard. You have to start out really small to get to that size.
I rolled up a 8000-something meter Katamari on Katamari Damacy. Not lying.

Hah! You WERE lying! :wink: