Issues with NN-XT Samplers

-MZ-

Hi, I reinstalled the program and everything works now, but I'm having problems when I try to use more than one NN-XT track. I can only get sound from the first NN-XT track even when the 2nd NN-XT track is selected.

I ultimately plan on using at least 10 of these for all the instruments/parts of instruments in the samples. Is there any way to get sound from the other tracks besides the top NN-XT track? Thanks in advance.

When you make the NN-XT, is it linked to the mixer? You can check by hitting Tab to see whats connected to what. I know after I had a certain amount of devices it would stop automatically linking them to the mixer, so I had to do it manually then.

On a side note, I loved ur remix Gladly Badass.......good stuff : )

I can hear the other channel, but I'm hearing both NN-XT channels at the same time. I want to make it so that when I select a channel, I only hear sound from that channel when I use a keyboard, and when I select another channel, I only hear sound from that channel (when used by a keyboard). Thanks for the help though.

BTW, 1makes2 wrote that. Not me :/

In your sequencer window, I guess you could look at if the device drop down list right next to the name of the track is pointing to the correct NN-XT. This is where naming your devices helps so much.

At the "In Rec Name Out [m]", make sure Out is pointing to the right one. If not, all those tracks point to the same NN-XT. :/

Or it could be a CV linking problem. *shrugs*

Its also a good idea to name your NN-XTs (e.g. Organ, High Piano, etc.). I know I use a lot, and it can be confusing remembering which sound NN-XT 1 is vs. NN-XT 2, 3, 4, etc. That way you can ensure each pattern is linked correctly to each device

• 4 weeks later...

You could try linking them all through multiple Spider Audio convergers, then linking those through a single Spider Audio Converger and linking that to the mixer. Only problem is if you do this, you would have to change the volume/EQ of each sound through its individual device, you couldn't do it through the mixer.

Okay, So I got the mixer screen up and patched in the second NN-XT, but the channels 3 and 4 wont turn on. Anyone else had this problem?

Can you be more specific on the 'channels'? Are you talking about the very top device, "MIDI" thing up there on the rack?

Don't forget, you *usually* have to add a "Mixer" to the device rack, if it's what I think you're doing. That would be the main thing you patch in to. And, some people have so many devices and sounds, that they use more than one Mixer. However, there's also just "Line Mixer"s you can use without needing to have all those auxillory and whatever options.

What you *might* be patching into there is just the MIDI device, which sends signals out to other midi devices or programs, or is input FROM other midi devices or programs. It's not the Mixer for sound levels. (I did this too when i first started learning Reason and was like WTF? no sound?)

As a tip for very first beginners, there's an option to set up a "template" or a `default selection of devices` when you first start up Reason - devices that will already be on the rack.

How to do that is start on an empty rack, add a main Mixer and a MClass Mastering Suite. (I'd guess that every song you'd make would need a main Mixer and that MClass stuff. You could even add a Redrum or anything else if you use it alot.) Then save it somewhere, probably in your Reason install folder, as "template.rns" or whatever. Then under Options/Preference, look for the "Use file for default rack/setup" or something along those lines. Everytime you start up Reason, it'll have those devices on the rack already. ^_^