LoZ: Wind Waker - Dragon Roost Island Concept

Dash Myoku

To be honest, the track I'm posting is for a friends fan-game, but I'll be using it further to make a remix. I'm just wondering where I should take this piece. It's kind of hard to decide because the original is really good (in my opinion), so that makes it harder to come up with original stuff in fear of ruining the awesomeness of the original.

http://media.putfile.com/Dragon-Roost-Island-Concept

I realize that some of the instruments sound midi-ish. Just think of them as place-holders until I can figure out what kind of instrumentation I really want. Uh...I'm playing the bass in this and the lead guitar at the half-way-ish point. Of course, I'm not a master of either instrument (and forgive my lead guitar stuff, my fingers were really sore after playing the bass part for almost 3 hours straight). So, uh...have a listen and enjoy.

I remember hearing one of your Megaman Legends remixes on one of my old accounts. I liked what I heard.

This does sound very MIDIish until the live instruments come in. The guitar tone should be tweaked, I think. It sounds like it has too much treble. The original song is very repetitive and it shows. Try to break away from some of the same drum patterns and some of the medleys and create some of your own.

It sounds pretty good, and I understand that you're still in the process of making things come together. Keep it up.

lol, might help me out if I knew which Legends remix you heard. xD But thanks.

I'll try and tweek the guitar's tone a little, but it's probably just gonna be replaced with another intstrument, unfortunately. I had to give back the bass and guitar I was borrowing from a friend, so no more live recording for awhile. And that's why I made this thread, to figure out what direction I should take the track. It's a little hard to come up with by myself because I don't want to ruin the originals simplistic awesomeness.