OCR00048 - Mega Man 2 "ROBOVoice"

Mega Man 2 'ROBOVoice'

This was my first ROBOVoice submission. The "vocals" are a bit distorted, but of course I blame the evil DJP for that. When I originally submitted this he e-mailed back saying he could barely hear the vocals at all, and could I please increase the volume on them. So I did. The culprit turned out to be that djp accidentally had his center channel turned off, and the vocals are localized in center channel. He was hearing no sound where there should have been sound. It was an honest boo boo. Anyway the louder, slightly more distorted version got posted. Don't worry, djp wrote me a check for $10,000 like he does for each of my ReMixes so I didn't complain :) In all honesty it's not THAT bad.

Anyway, this is a short tune based on the "Flash Man" stage of Mega Man 2. Yes, I did say short. Not as good or as funny as my Final Fantasy 5 ROBOVoice (be sure to check that out as well) but it's still pretty good, as Mega Man needed to be made fun of. It begins to fade out while the computer is still singing and that may bother some. Be sure to click on the "lyrics" on the download page otherwise you may be lost. This was done completely with VocalWriter on the Mac. It can do better than this, I promise!!! :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Joe got right to the case, Megeman IS funto play, but all the sequels and otgher bosses with it takes away the magic with it, but personally I´ve found them amusing, same with this song, only complaint is the "hellyeah" part, I´m not the dude that swears.

The music itself is good, that synth was good along with the synthpiano. Nice beats too, and the voice didn't sound all too robotic.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Unfortunately, this one doesn't compare to the FF ROBOVoice. That being said, it still has its charm, and is a nice razz to Capcom. I understand the voice is computorized, but the lack of emphasis on the right syllables still bothers me. Cute mix, a funny listen, but nothing compared to the ChocoRoboVoice (much more fun to say that too).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting. It's funny for sure, and the computerized voice was pretty different for what I used to hearing. Also, the music itself was good, which is a no-brainer considering the source. But it seems to me that it has a few kinks in coming together. I liked the idea, but I think those few issues caught up with it in the end.

• 1 year later...

Those opening synths are... buffed up? static-shaky? brushed with a comb? Whatever. They're kinda goofy-sounding on their own. The titular ROBO voice kinda bleeds and overpowers the synthwork, but the lyrics are, of course, enticing and worth a chuckle. I really crack up at "man" after the "mega" spam - it hurriedly quiets down like the voice is too embarrassed to finish saying "Mega Man." Oh, you.

Ending is PERFECT. First, the fanboy lyrics do a total 180 as the singer realizes the blue bomber succumbed to sequelitis. Then, the final words and the fadeout (during a verse, no less) reflect the rage quit mentality. (Or, you know, maybe the fact that Flash Man's stage music has been played twice with pretty much no changeups is a greater contributor to the robo's "I am getting sick of this" tidbit.)

• 2 months later...

Oh dear...

Let's not beat around the bush here, this is a rough and ugly mix that exists purely to get a smile, or at most, a chuckle from its listeners. It's not long enough or complete enough to do much else.

The quality of synthetic vocals are horrendously below standard and hard to decipher; the lyrics maybe funny but I wasn't laughing.

There's a reason that the FF5 ROBOvoice has become an endearing classic, and this one is largely obscured. This is more a demotape for its far more enjoyable and listenable twin.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00048 - Mega Man 2 "ROBOVoice"
  • 2 years later...

Ah! I remember listening to this while working in the commons back in college. I have nostalgia for this piece of nostalgia. 

I think some of the comments on this piece aren't taking into context how much the remix scene has evolved. This was practically the beginning.  Back in my day, yadda yadda yadda.