RIP Richard "Dampe"

The Mutericator

I dont know, it all seems a little made up, based on what Im seeing. Some sort of plot to get the thing popular. Here what I got.

What we know:

Guy is working on a 2D OoT.

Guy dies pretty much right before the project is "complete".

Entire site is removed, and everyone is told to stop even discussing the project and pretend it never existed out of "repect"

Story is now spreading accross the internet. I know I have never heard of this thing untill now. Popularity is increasing.

Possible future:

Someone just happens to get a hold of the project, and they complete it out of "respect"

Or the more likely:

He never got more than a couple of areas done. I can not imagine that a 15 year old has the time, or skills to map out the entire Ocarina of Time game. The game was freaking HUGE. And he did it in only 2 years? While at the same time going to school? I doubt it.

The "death" was nothing more than a quick way out of a pretty well hyped project, so as to not dissapoint all the people waiting for it.

As for the accident, the car sliding on the "wet road", weather reports say there was no rain that day, and only 0.1 cm of precipitation the day before. There are also no news or police reports of any teenagers dying in his area.

And the site? The family's first order of business on the day of his death is to make sure his site gets shut down, and leave a message saying "Dont talk about the project ever again" ?

Not to mention I am looking at a screen cap saying he logged into the site at 11:17pm that night. I thought he died at 4:00pm?

I dont know, it all seems a little made up, based on what Im seeing. Some sort of plot to get the thing popular. Here what I got.

What we know:

Guy is working on a 2D OoT.

Guy dies pretty much right before the project is "complete".

Entire site is removed, and everyone is told to stop even discussing the project and pretend it never existed out of "repect"

Story is now spreading accross the internet. I know I have never heard of this thing untill now. Popularity is increasing.

Possible future:

Someone just happens to get a hold of the project, and they complete it out of "respect"

Or the more likely:

He never got more than a couple of areas done. I can not imagine that a 15 year old has the time, or skills to map out the entire Ocarina of Time game. The game was freaking HUGE. And he did it in only 2 years? While at the same time going to school? I doubt it.

The "death" was nothing more than a quick way out of a pretty well hyped project, so as to not dissapoint all the people waiting for it.

As for the accident, the car sliding on the "wet road", weather reports say there was no rain that day, and only 0.1 cm of precipitation the day before. There are also no news or police reports of any teenagers dying in his area.

And the site? The family's first order of business on the day of his death is to make sure his site gets shut down, and leave a message saying "Dont talk about the project ever again" ?

Not to mention I am looking at a screen cap saying he logged into the site at 11:17pm that night. I thought he died at 4:00pm?

I'm with Koelsch on this one. Until evidence pops up saying otherwise, this is really pretty convenient.

I hope if I die in a tragic car accident that the first thing my family does is take all my hard work down off the internet so that no one may remember me by it...

If it's true, it's sad. If it's not...BAD form.

I'm with Koelsch on this one. Until evidence pops up saying otherwise, this is really pretty convenient.

I hope if I die in a tragic car accident that the first thing my family does is take all my hard work down off the internet so that no one may remember me by it...

If it's true, it's sad. If it's not...BAD form.

Well you have a definite reason to not believe 'internet death'.

Richard (aka Dampe) creator of the long awaited fan-made 2D Ocarina of Time, died Friday in tragic car accident. Tales of the game had been floating around the internet for a long time and many people were looking forward to trying out his handywork. His goal was to create a faithful recreation of Ocarina of Time in an olde school 2D Zelda style. An official website and forums were posted so that Dampe and his fans could whistle for a cab and when it came near the licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air. I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later looked at my kingdom I was finally there to settle my throne as the prince of bel-air

I think I have it figured out