OCR01564 - Kirby's Dream Land 2 "Breakbeat Forest"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

I WANT to like this, it's sonically AMAZING (did you sue Plugsound?), it's just it's also a tad too crowded and theres too many ideas going on in the song. Itnever strikes me as a coherent arrangement when I hear it. I still sort of like it though, maybe it just needs to grow on me.

I agree with the former poster that you need to make a version that is completely laid-back liek the intro, I'd also like to hear one that is just the chiptune and the breaks.

Overall, 3/5. ***

Oh and another thing, while I agree the drums are too quiet, why the hell does anyone care if it's a loop? IT'S THE FREAKING AMEN, THE STAPLE OF DNB AND BREAKS! OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE A LOOP OR CHOPPED LOOP!

Sometimes I think OCRemix is too geargasm-centric for it's own good...

• 1 month later...
How many times do let this track repeat?:grin:

Like, 20.

Could I get you to do a full remix with the feel of the intro? No? Oh well. The whole thing is great but the intro could be a song on its own. Love it.

I was just thinking that myself.

I, also, have issue with the drums, only because I think they should sound less muted. I'm a drum whore, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I really dig the beginning, you definitely show some musical talent with the opening. Following up on the beginning with such a transition is quite a marvel, and I say you did the best you could. I really am a big fan of the scaled arppegios. Definitely an ear fo music, unlike some other remixes I've seen. Nice one!

8\10

• 1 year later...

First off, I have to say, djpretzel's blurb about this one just about made me fall out of my seat laughing.

Anyway, the mix itself is awesome, it's like a crazy ride through the wild world of Kirby and by the time it's over, you're just sitting there trying to recover...it's great.

• 10 months later...

This was great, it shows how much your style has evolved and how versatile your skillset is. I really liked the introduction, though the ending felt overly drawn out (maybe that's part of the "cumshot" meme that I'm not getting here :-P )

Not my favorite Tepid mix but it certain treads new waters with a lot of style and skill!

• 1 month later...

In capturing the essence of what makes Kirby music Kirby music, this gets top marks. In also adding a whole new, reflective dimension to Kirby music, this becomes a pretty remarkable mix for sure. A lot of people seem to nail the Kirby formula: just overload layer upon layer with chippy, upbeat sounds and double speed it. But this also chooses to slow down some portions, plant some emotion within the folds and make something super pleasant. It offers spades of energy, and plenty of cool-off. In that sense, it is really rewarding to listen to.

Drum work is hard to notice for being too far back, but wow, I'm rendered not to care when the rest of the mix is this fun and delightful. This is some very well conceived Kirby chaos, with a touch of emotion to round it all up.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01564 - Kirby's Dream Land 2 "Breakbeat Forest"