Zelda: OOS, OOT, TP - Lemanhandla

Lemonectric

31mwd

Lemanhandla is a sort of medley containing OOT songs and TP songs thrown about while Tarm Ruins from OOS plays over and over in different ways. Why the title? The classic boss, Manhandla, was used at the end of Tarm Ruins. And I like lemons.

I'll walk you through the remix. Please note that Tarm Ruins is the only OOS song used. I have just remixed it in different ways to reflect the feelings of each section of the 6th essence quest.

0:00 - Lost Woods (contains portions of OOT Lost Woods)

1:04 - Mysterious statues (contains portions of TP Spirit Spring)

1:43 - Mountaintop (contains portions of TP Hyrule Field)

2:51 - Sky darkens, creepy guy appears in bolt of lightning

3:08 - Ancient Ruins dungeon (contains portions of OOT Potion Shop)

4:07 - Manhandla (contains portions of TP Baboon Miniboss)

5:08 - Essence of Nature (contains portions of TP Hyrule Field and OOT Lost Woods)

I am aware that the Essence of Nature section starts off rather abruptly and oddly. I'm not sure what happened, because it sounded ok before I saved it. But whatever. I'll work on that for the next version. I know there are some clipping problems at the end of the boss section, and I'll have to fix that too. I'm just sick of this by now and I need a small break. :3

So let me know what you think.

The arrangement in this is pretty good, although the strings incessantly playing long chords in the background get tedious. The energetic sections toward the end are great, very powerful. There are some slight touches of dissonance here and there that almost recall Israfel's excellent work. Overall, excellent arrangement. :D

If you're going for a small ensemble sound here, as it seems, one thing that's contributing to the unconvincing realism is the lack of articulations and velocity expression in your samples. Interestingly, there isn't much reverb in this, so it sounds very close and intimate--which could be a nice change from the usual orchestral stuff here that tends to be heavily reverbed and epically distant. I like your stylistic choice there, but I don't think this will quite work without a lot more expression in your samples. Volume and expression automation are really important. This could sound stunning with even a little bit.

So yeah, kickin' arrangement, needs that human touch to push it to the next level.

Good stuff, I'll be watching for updates. :D

Thanks. Sometimes topics die as soon as I post them/post in them. I always appreciate feedback.

Is there any specific place where the background strings should be cut or quieted or something? Or are you just looking for more velocity expression in them? I guess I agree with whatever; it seems kind of tedious to have them playing constantly at the same volume. I've never been good at making stuff sound realistic.

So, I guess I'll get to work on that soon. Knowing how slowly I work, it might be a challenge to finish on time. I'm using it as my Humanities project for the end of the year.

Ah. I have problems with putfile normally, so I wasn't sure if it was actually having problems or if it was just me. It usually starts playing and then freezes on me, but works fine for other people. This was just not even loading.

I uploaded to putfile again and it seems to be working. Now I'm having problems with tindeck (I thought tindeck would be a better solution than having two different links to satisfy different people).

EDIT: Tindeck seems to be working fine now, so I left it as the only link.