Mario & Sonic together in an Olympic Games title!!

carra

i like the olympics

i like mario

i like sonic

this game has three things i like and will therefore be awesome

Pretty much axle.

I don't get the hate for a game that has not even shown anything yet. All I know is, Miyamoto supervising the thing and actually is in charge of the direction of the game means that this game will be above average. Reports even have it that Miyamoto is having a bigger role in the development of this game than any other game he usually supervises in. Seriously, wtf is with the lol wii sux i shuld not buy it. But whatever.

I just hope the game will be pretty fun. I mean this is pretty big news. SONIC AND MARIO in the same game. Hopefully this is the start of a wonderful relationship. Maybe Nintendo will get to use Sonic in their games and create a Mario and Sonic platforming game (which would be too awesome).

Maybe Nintendo will get to use Sonic in their games and create a Mario and Sonic platforming game (which would be too awesome).
Mario Crackers?

Seriously though, it'd be interesting to see Mario and Sonic in the same game, on the same team... Sonic leads through the speed areas, then tag-team to have Mario handle the other trickier areas (puzzles, jumps, whatever). It'd be interesting if they could get the follow-code, or AI stuff, advanced enough to have Mario follow Sonic or vice-versa, depending on who you're playing at the time.

Just some thoughts. Mouser X out.

If anyone still thinks this is an April fools prank.. let's just say Nintendo would be throwing away a gold mine if it was so.

Olympic-based videogames sell very well.

An olympic-based videogame with controller waggle would sell very well.

A Mario/Sonic crossover olympic-based videogame with controller waggle would sell catastrophically well.

Regardless, it still fails to excite me. I know the game has a perfectly good chance of working fine, but I'm just not interested in this sort of thing. Already got Wii Sports.

If this game adds the depth that wii sports was missing, I will be all over this game. Olympics are made up of many events. I just hope Sega doesn't screw it up, but I doubt Nintendo would let Sega ruin Mario.

Wii sports was lacking in a lot of departments and if this game just improves on wii sports, this game will be freaking awesome.

Also I heard the old SEGA developed Olympic games are really fun and are just good games overall, so there is hope that sega won't kill this thing.

I don't think it confirms anything. Plus, if Sonic was actually added, wouldn't he appear in a much earlier trailer to generate loads more hype for the game?

Nintendo is a master of creating hype (intentional or not). My guess is IF Sonic is in brawl, they'll announce it soon enough to the release that the short-term hype will make people impulse buy Brawl when it comes out (though I don't know who ISN'T getting this game). Frankly, Pit had me sold.

As for the Olympic game. It's very intriguing and I'm curious as to what the games and additional characters will be like. This shizzy will most probably sell like hot cakes in... well... everywhere.

If this news is true, then I'll turn up my nose and ignore it like all the mediocre spinoffs like 90% of Mario Party and Sports games.

Another thing to factor in in with the Super Smash series is that the thing is not very inclusive of games done by any other company.

It's like a self-pleasuring-fest in terms of Nintendo brand names with the thing. It doesn't really matter how popular Sonic is. If anyone would be against the idea, it won't be Sega. It'd be Nintendo and their narcissistic attitude towards their franchises.

Solid Snake.

HELLO!? This is the internet.

I agree with the general consensus that putting them together in an Olympic game might not have been the best move, but I'm eager to see how it'll turn out nonetheless.

So can we all come to the conclusion we came to with Shadow the Hedgehog when the net first heard about it? "Could be good, could be bad, wait and see before we thrash it"?

So can we all come to the conclusion we came to with Shadow the Hedgehog when the net first heard about it? "Could be good, could be bad, wait and see before we thrash it"?

No. I hated Shadow the Hedgehog the second it as announced, because I knew it would be an awful, awful game.

I too hated Shadow the Hedgehog right from the getgo.

However, I also consider anybody who is trashing this title right now to be, well... just rather sad. What's wrong with it? Go buy a PS3 and play some Resistance or something, smoking cigars and discussing how badass you are with your leather jacket. Mario & Sonic & Friends competing against each other in olympic events sounds like a blast to me, but then again, I don't own a leather jacket with knife gashes through it..

i like guns

i like swords

i like japan

red steel had three things i like and yet it still wasn't awesome

Red Steel was also a rush job and it wasnt that bad anyways. And Ubisoft didn't have an allstar team of Sega and (mostly) Nintendo making the game. Ubisoft is also looking retarded with their crappy ports on the Wii. It's really weird seeing EA put the most effort into the system.

Red Steel was also a rush job and it wasnt that bad anyways. And Ubisoft didn't have an allstar team of Sega and (mostly) Nintendo making the game. Ubisoft is also looking retarded with their crappy ports on the Wii. It's really weird seeing EA put the most effort into the system.

Did you really miss the point of that post entirely, or are you ranting for other reasons?

also awesome != not that bad

And Ubisoft didn't have an allstar team of Sega and (mostly) Nintendo making the game.

That's what I thought too, but I guess we're not that lucky. Apparently the game might be getting outsourced (according to IGN, at least), which I find often robs a game of the atmosphere that the initial company creates.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777142p1.html

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3156447

TOSE is still better than Ubisoft.

And I would think that TOSE will be working more on the DS version.

Did you really miss the point of that post entirely, or are you ranting for other reasons?

also awesome != not that bad

What? The game wasn't good because of the development. That's what I meant. A game that has Japan with swords and guns can still be a good game. It depends on who makes it.