QL Rare Instruments for $20

Do you want expensive samples? Do you have little to no money? Do you like ethnic sounds, such as;

Erhu

Dung-chen

Taikos

Chinese Gong

Thai Gong

Sarangi

Tablas

Duduk

Middle Eastern Fiddle

Alpenhorn

Hurdy Gurdy

Gedulka

Highland Pipes

Uilleann Pipes

Laudennas

Irish Low Whistle

How about a formerly-$400 Gigasample library for $20?

http://www.soundsonline.com/Quantum-Leap-Rare-Instruments-GIGA-pr-QLRIGIG.html

Buy it. Get demo version of CDxtract and convert the sounds to Soundfont or whatever format you can read. BUY IT!!!

Yeah, what's up with that? I was about to buy BT's ambient textures CD the other day for $10, but had to pay $12 shipping...wtf is that.

Damn! $10? Ordered. Too bad it's audio, which is probably stripped down from the Giga version.

The shipping fees are retarded, but that's how they make their money, I think. They sell their blowout stuff at really low prices and gouge on shipping.

Damn! $10? Ordered. Too bad it's audio, which is probably stripped down from the Giga version.

The shipping fees are retarded, but that's how they make their money, I think. They sell their blowout stuff at really low prices and gouge on shipping.

I went ahead and bought the BT cd plus this ethnic one. Shipping stayed the same, so I didn't feel SO gyped.

I just received mine in the mail; some of the samples are absolutely fantastic. Very professional sounding stuff.

However, a warning: I copied the .gig files directly off the CD to a folder on my HD. I then loaded up FL and opened Kontakt 2, accessing the .gig files with no problems, until I tried to save it. I got this screen, where either way you're screwed, because it corrupted my .flp.

So in summary, don't do what I did. btw someone want to try to fix my .flp for me? ;)

Bwhahaha this is awesome. The Duduk and Alpenhorn are my favorites so far. All of the violin like instruments are def awesome too. Throwing effects chains over these also yields some amazing results.

Miszou I have gotten that error using soundfonts in Kontakt2 also. I forget which option I usually pick, but afterwards it asks me to find the folders with the samples in it and then it saves it. Although this won't help with your corrupt .flp file, it might of some use in the future.