OCR00700 - Mega Man X3 "Memory"

Ginnsu

Mega Man X3 'Memory'

Kick ass! This one is something to dance to, and while the original Mega Man tune is buried very deep within this mix, it is still noticeable. I thought the feeling was good at the beginning of this mix, but wait till about 0:57 and you get ear engulfing sweetness. Man I need some larger speakers. Great work DJ Terra, more please.

While it's a great first submission, I have to subtract points for using the default FL drums (I honestly can't stand them) and also for the fact that the chords that are in the very beginning play throughout the entire thing. I mean, I know it's sort of supposed to be repetitive since it's trance, but I can't think of many trance songs that are quite this repetitive... (except for maybe Sandstorm... *cough cough*) Anyway, all in all, I give it 3/5. Definitely room for improvement, but still a good start. By the way, I love how the chorus kicks in at the main section and really widens the sonic predominance of the main lead.

EDIT: My apologies. For some stupid reason, my brain told me this was your first submission, even when I knew it wasn't since I checked out your other one when I first heard THIS song. So anyway, my brain farted, and I'm sorry. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah.. This song definitely needs to variate a bit sooner, that repetitiveness lasts for almost an entire minute and drives me to almost stop the song. Wooh. It gets REALLY good later on though. Gravity Beetle's theme was my favorite theme from X3. Another thing though, after you listen to it a few times you don't really notice the lack of the progression in the beginning and you won't really seem to care. DJ Terra, you rule. Great work! 8O

Why isn't there more people making tracks like this!?

• 1 month later...

I readed yesterday a post from DJ Terra himself that he would put up another Mega Man X4 remix, other then Stageselect. Hope so cause this guy rules!!! :D The theme of Gravity Beetle is great indeed and this remix is even better!!! Hope that the new X4 remix will show up soon on Overclocked. Peace to all the Mega Man lovers out there!!!(This is my second post ever, I´m new here LOL)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm going to have to agree with djpretzel with about everything. A B-part is screaming for recognition. The chord are monotonous, but the song is good. The kick is great. Blunt ending. Could have done without the glissandos up and down around 1:29, but I was overall happy about the song. I liked it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There is one main thing I hated about this remix. I had to listen REEEEAL hard to hear the Gravity Beetle theme. The bass line/static line was WAY too heavy. It almost ENTIRELY drowned out the melody. Just enough to stop me from downloading it. So turn up the melody line volume and reupload, and I'll download it. 'Cuz the rest of it sounded |<3\/\/1. In a very very 1337 |-|4X0|2z way.

While I have nothing but respect for the individuals who undertake remixing songs, especially from the X series, I just wasn't feeling this one. Some of the very basic elements of the song have been augmented, making it very frusterating, to say the least, for me to try to get that "nosalgia" from the original. To put it simpler, the song turns one way, where it's actually supposed to travel a different direction in terms of music.

• 2 months later...

Having never heard the original track (ok, so I'm an old man, I guess - never played MM X3) I was able to listen to this track in a relatively unbiased manner.

No real complaints, but no real praise either, I'm afraid. It's in my rotation, but overall, it just doesn't grab me like some of the other tracks I dig.

The mix was the best part about this one, good balance.

7/10 overall.

• 8 months later...

Aye aye aye....

There's some weird non-resolving chordal structure at :58 (7'th note in theme)... Sounds like the note was 'bent' up to the right one, but even hitting it throws the chord off...

(then again, the chord doesnt feel right. If Im right, the SPC has chord changes 8 times in the refrain through major, minor, diminished, and dim m7 --no particular order)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00700 - Mega Man X3 "Memory"